BBO Discussion Forums: View all four (closed) hands in HTML5 version - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

View all four (closed) hands in HTML5 version

#1 User is offline   IanSab 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-February-22, 12:00

I've tried the new (HTML5?) version of Bridge Base Online. Technically it seems good, and it's great that Adobe Flash would no longer be required. However esthetically, it would be a huge improvement to see all four hands, at all times during the deal; not just our 13 cards. That's how it is in the Flash version, and it makes it feel a lot more like we're at a bridge table. I can understand that you want to minimize the amount of items on the screen, presumably to make it all fit better on mobile devices. However there could at least be an option to have the "classic view" (seeing all four hands).

Also, when the robot is declaring a hand, it would be good to be able to click through its plays faster, similar to what happens in the Flash version.

#2 User is offline   notabene 

• Pip

Posted 2019-March-09, 05:51

Hi all I would also much more like the old version/form of the softvare why cannot it be retrieved any more on my new iPad it was much better because:
1) you go to see the bidding all the time
2) you could see the last trick also
3) you could see on one screen without changing how the other tables played the same hand
4) also very important for me is you could see the scores to opps
I don’t understand why the very good old version would be changed for something what’s not so good.
Or why it’s not possible to choose?
It’s not only in Bridge also other stuff which is very good“would be change only because it supposed to be something new.
I hope I will get another opportunity to get the old fashion thank you so much. I am using BBO from the beginning Best regards notabene

#3 User is offline   notabene 

• Pip

Posted 2019-March-09, 05:53

I am waiting for an answer pls

#4 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-March-09, 08:26

Devices running Android and iOS can run only one version of BBO, the newest one (one of the reasons the newest version cae around, alongside the demise of Adobe Flash).

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-March-10, 13:17

View Postnotabene, on 2019-March-09, 05:51, said:

Hi all I would also much more like the old version/form of the softvare why cannot it be retrieved any more on my new iPad it was much better because:
1) you go to see the bidding all the time

Tap on the contract and the bidding will pop up. But there isn't room on small mobile devices to display the bidding all the time.

2) you could see the last trick also

Tap on the stack of quitted tricks to see the last trick (until you've played to the current trick).

3) you could see on one screen without changing how the other tables played the same hand

Tap on the box that shows your current score and a miniature history viewer will pop up in the current window.

4) also very important for me is you could see the scores to opps

When you open the mini-history viewer you can select "Other tables" to see the opponent scores.

I don’t understand why the very good old version would be changed for something what’s not so good.

The old software used Flash, which is a technology that's being discontinued (the old mobile version used Adobe AIR, which is a standalone version of Flash).

We're a tiny company, we don't have enough programmers to support several versions of the application.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users