BBO Discussion Forums: Bridge Master solutions sometimes lack text - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bridge Master solutions sometimes lack text

#1 User is offline   JimSmith94 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-February-02, 20:02

I'm new to the site and have been slowly making my way through the Bridge Master hands. On my Windows 10 PC with Chrome 72 and Flash enabled, the cards discussed in the solutions are highlighted but very few of the solutions have the descriptive text. I can see the descriptive text for all of the hands just fine in the mobile app on my Android phone, but it is frustrating to have to log into Bridge Base on my phone to see the solution descriptions.

I didn't find any reference to this issue on the forums, so if someone knows or could point me to the solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-February-03, 09:56

This sounds like your PC may be missing a necessary font.

Try using the HTML preview version instead of the Flash version.

#3 User is offline   JimSmith94 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-February-06, 16:54

View Postbarmar, on 2019-February-03, 09:56, said:

This sounds like your PC may be missing a necessary font.

Try using the HTML preview version instead of the Flash version.

Thanks for your reply! First off, I requested email notification for replies but didn't get one. Does that work for you or anyone?

I doubt that I'm missing a font, as I get text explanations for maybe the first one or two boards that I play but from then on I get none. That said, Flash always seems rather flaky in Chrome.

Thanks to your tip, I found the HTML preview version and am trying it now. The layout doesn't seem as nice so far, but I'll see if it continues to show the text in the solutions.

Edit: I just played half a dozen hands with the HTML preview version and the solution text showed for all of them! I guess I hadn't added my email address to get replies, but surprisingly (or not) I wasn't asked for it when I registered.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-February-07, 23:44

You don't have to register for the forum at all, it just uses the BBO membership database for login authentication. But the forum profile is still separate, and if you want it to know your email you have to add it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users