• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Established(?) Revoke

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-December-05, 00:27

View Postpran, on 2018-December-02, 06:24, said:

"they were preparing to move for the next round" so some kind of signal for the start of the following round must have been given

Not necessarily.

It's quite common for players to move as soon as they finish playing all the boards in a round, without waiting for a signal. If the next table isn't finished yet, the players might still step away from the table where they're currently playing.

#22 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-December-05, 04:26

View Postblackshoe, on 2018-December-04, 18:19, said:

Perhaps not, but does "completed play" mean "reached the end of the play period" or does it mean something else? If so, what, exactly, and why?

1. In general, a round ends when the Director gives the signal for the start of the following
round; but if any table has not completed play by that time, the round continues for that
table
until there has been a progression of players.

"for that table" (only)

#23 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-December-05, 19:16

Sorry, Sven, I don't understand your point.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#24 User is offline   pran 

Posted 2018-December-06, 02:53

View Postblackshoe, on 2018-December-05, 19:16, said:

Sorry, Sven, I don't understand your point.

The round ends when a signal to that effect is given.
This applies to all tables where the last trick on the last board in the round has been quitted regardless of whether there still is any "late" table(s).

Only for such late tables the round is extended until they have quitted their last board in the round.

#25 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-December-06, 10:38

Which means that if you have moved early, you can still go back and draw attention to a revoke on the last board at the previous table until the official signal to move, and get an adjustment.

#26 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2018-December-06, 10:52

View Postpran, on 2018-December-06, 02:53, said:

The round ends when a signal to that effect is given.
This applies to all tables where the last trick on the last board in the round has been quitted regardless of whether there still is any "late" table(s).

Only for such late tables the round is extended until they have quitted their last board in the round.

Sure. I thought I said that.

View Postbarmar, on 2018-December-06, 10:38, said:

Which means that if you have moved early, you can still go back and draw attention to a revoke on the last board at the previous table until the official signal to move, and get an adjustment.

Technically correct, I suppose, though I think people should not move until the round is called. I recall people moving early at a club session some years ago causing the first half of the field, where most of the faster players started, to be nearly a full round ahead of the second half at half-time. Thankfully, I was not directing that day. B-)
--------------------
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#27 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-December-10, 10:17

View Postblackshoe, on 2018-December-06, 10:52, said:

Technically correct, I suppose, though I think people should not move until the round is called. I recall people moving early at a club session some years ago causing the first half of the field, where most of the faster players started, to be nearly a full round ahead of the second half at half-time. Thankfully, I was not directing that day. B-)

Why is that a problem?

It generally shouldn't get that bad. Courteous players won't ask for boards to be passed until the 2- or 3-minute warning has been given. So even if there's a fast pair coming to their table, they won't have boards to play. This backlog will ripple through the room.

#28 User is offline   blackshoe 

Posted 2018-December-10, 21:29

Well, I don't think the faster players were waiting to ask for boards. They're ready to move, there should be boards at their new table. :rolleyes:
--------------------

#29 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2018-December-11, 08:00

View Postblackshoe, on 2018-December-06, 10:52, said:

I can't believe it, an area where Italy is more disciplined than the rest of the world :blink:
Here it is tolerated that faster players leave the table to go to the bathroom or go outside to smoke or whatever, but anyone attempting to change table before the bell rings would get an earful from the Director.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users