BBO Discussion Forums: BBO removes Money Bridge on short notice! - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO removes Money Bridge on short notice!

#1 User is offline   Laocoon166 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-August-13, 16:12

In case you have not logged into BBO and seen the announcement here it is:

We are closing Money Bridge Games starting Aug 15th, 2018. BB$ type games like the ACBL premium tournaments are unaffected.

Starting right now (Aug 13th), you will not be able to add to your MB$ account. We guarantee your existing MB$ balance will remain unaffected - Very shortly, you will be provided with options to withdraw your balance, refund recent purchases to your card, or convert your MB$ balance to BB$ to receive a nice BB$ bonus. (But please keep in mind BB$ is not withdrawable the way MB$ is).

Please look for a communication from BBO in the next few days that will offer you your options. You can reach us at accounting@bridgebase.com if you have questions. We hope you will continue to enjoy the other premium games on BBO.

You will note the incredibly short notice and lack of explanation. I am curious why BBO have chosen to do this and can only assume there is some legal reason. Any US lawyers who can hazard a guess? BBO charge a rake of $0.02 a hand to play, so I would have thought it was quite a nice earner for them. I would welcome comment from any BBO representatives.

As far as I know BBO is the only place to play money bridge/rubber bridge online (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). There are alternative online bridge sites emerging to counter BBO so I'm even more surprised they are dropping this edge they have on those competitors (unlesss they are being forced to). A real shame imo.
Laocoon

#2 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-August-13, 20:15

As primarily a rubber bridge player nowadays, I have been curious on more than one occasion about BBO's Money Bridge, but whenever I access this option on BBO (even in the middle of the night in England) I haven't found many playing on there.

#3 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-August-14, 10:00

Not many play MB$ games on BBO. It's not popular and is a pain to comply with because it is "real money". Those are the main reasons.

I will like to have a modified version using BB$, but not identical to the current MB$ 1vs1 game type sometime in the future though.

Btw for those wanting to convert mb$ to bb$ - the bonus for conversion will be very nice.
You don't need to convert the entire balance, just partial to bb$, partial to cash withdrawal if you prefer.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#4 User is offline   WGF_Flame 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-19, 06:55

Was sad to see this.

waiting for the message about the money.

#5 User is offline   miliko 

• Pip

Posted 2018-September-03, 01:51

E

#6 User is offline   miliko 

• Pip

Posted 2018-September-03, 01:53

Exactly my point too. Been waiting for contact or news about the issue. Seen non yet.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-September-03, 12:08

View Postmiliko, on 2018-September-03, 01:53, said:

Exactly my point too. Been waiting for contact or news about the issue. Seen non yet.

You got the popup when you logged in on August 22, and dismissed it without filling in the form to withdraw your MB$.

I've sent you the link in a forum PM.

#8 User is offline   WGF_Flame 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-09, 04:16

Hello,

I got a message of withdraw, but wanted to think about it more,
Today I decided what i want to do I dont see the message anymore.
Can you please send it to me again WGF_Flame is my user name.

Thanks ahead
Sharon

#9 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-September-09, 23:55

View PostWGF_Flame, on 2018-September-09, 04:16, said:

Hello,

I got a message of withdraw, but wanted to think about it more,
Today I decided what i want to do I dont see the message anymore.
Can you please send it to me again WGF_Flame is my user name.

Thanks ahead
Sharon

I just sent it to you.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users