Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

dreading insane GUBBO jump GUBidding

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 05:20

4S was 17-18 and I am stuck dreading insanity. so bit the bullet and passed. at least got a plus
BUG give pard some leeway in such auctions.
maybe it asks RKC. maybe.....

Mr. Tu I replaced + with space. Let's see. Have a feeling e.g. the 4+ plus will also be affected. Preview shows ok.

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 11:17

West 4S *should* show extras, I wouldn't adjust it down more than a point or so, 16+ total points? What I would do is probably lower the threshold for East doubling back in to show a good hand; right now it requires 12+HCP 13+ total points which is a tad high.

Replacing "+" with space won't affect actual plus signs because those are encoded as ASCII %2B.

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 11:52

View PostStephen Tu, on 2018-June-14, 11:17, said:

West 4S *should* show extras, I wouldn't adjust it down more than a point or so, 16+ total points? What I would do is probably lower the threshold for East doubling back in to show a good hand; right now it requires 12+HCP 13+ total points which is a tad high.

Replacing "+" with space won't affect actual plus signs because those are encoded as ASCII %2B.

11+ should do it for the re-opening(?) double. and thanks for the tip about hv. Should i try replacing + with %20 or let it go for now?

#4 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 12:34

Whatever you did is fine, your diagram looks great and is easier to read without all the extra + signs. You can replace the '+' with space or %20, makes no difference as they mean the same thing to handviewer. I guess %20 is technically more "correct" but it doesn't matter with the current forum software.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users