BBO Discussion Forums: Pray, where are the 16-21 hcp 17-22 total points? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pray, where are the 16-21 hcp 17-22 total points? GUBidding

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 08:31

Just one disaster after another when competitive bidding. What is 3S? ask for s stopper for 3NT? But where are the "points"? where are the HCP?
If not there pull the double. Or change the blurb which shows strong hand

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 10:16

Yeah 3S is nuts. Perhaps it is stymied by having no way to compete in clubs over 2S; 3c is "15-22 total points!". That seems too much.

Not a fan of your double though; you don't have much spade wastage and have pretty much what partner should expect from your 1nt call; if partner actually had something resembling a 3S bid you don't necessarily want to discourage him from bidding 5c and he can double with flatter strong hands. Also the opps are bidding to 4S voluntarily at unfavorable, they must have some reason to do it and you don't really have any surprises for them defensively.

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 11:56

Stephen Tu, on 2018-June-14, 10:16, said:

Yeah 3S is nuts. Perhaps it is stymied by having no way to compete in clubs over 2S; 3c is "15-22 total points!". That seems too much.

Not a fan of your double though; you don't have much spade wastage and have pretty much what partner should expect from your 1nt call; if partner actually had something resembling a 3S bid you don't necessarily want to discourage him from bidding 5c and he can double with flatter strong hands. Also the opps are bidding to 4S voluntarily at unfavorable, they must have some reason to do it and you don't really have any surprises for them defensively.

I liked my d honors and pard's HCP hence..... If it just bids 3C I would not and might even compete to 5C. If GUBBO passes over 2S I pass.

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-14, 13:57

Stephen Tu, on 2018-June-14, 10:16, said:

But 3 shows 16-21 HCP, 17-22 total points and only 3+ clubs, so 3 seems like a much better fit for the actual hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users