BBO Discussion Forums: Duplicate scoring programs for Mac - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duplicate scoring programs for Mac

#1 User is offline   dianavd 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-April-09, 17:27

Hi - hoping someone out there knows of a duplicate scoring program for Mac - found one for 5 tables max but dreading the day we have 6+ !
Really do not want to do it by hand; someone must have something more advanced - apparently I cannot use the ACBL scorer on a Mac - we are
an unsanctioned "just for fun" game.
Thanks for any help ....DianavD

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-April-10, 08:17

View Postdianavd, on 2018-April-09, 17:27, said:

Hi - hoping someone out there knows of a duplicate scoring program for Mac - found one for 5 tables max but dreading the day we have 6+ !
Really do not want to do it by hand; someone must have something more advanced - apparently I cannot use the ACBL scorer on a Mac - we are
an unsanctioned "just for fun" game.
Thanks for any help ....DianavD

You can run Windows on a Mac using VirtualBox and then use any Windows scoring program. You can also use WINE (or the commercial version CrossOver Mac) to run Windows programs without Windows itself.

#3 User is offline   Arciel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-March-18, 10:50

To anyone still looking for an alternative to ACBLScore (which runs on PCs only), check out DuplicateScoring.com. It costs, but there's a 30-day free trial. I'm about to give it a try with our local club. I'd like to say I'll come back in a few months to report, but if I don't remember to do that, at least there's this note for others to pursue it on their own.
Bob Leedom
(email: my name at hotmail.com)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users