Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Improving the BBO interface

#1 User is offline   dragsprt1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-February-23, 13:42

The inferences obtained based on the time spent by each player can be simply eliminated by only showing the bids made / cards played when it's your turn to bid / play.
I think this would be specially useful in tournaments played directly on computers like the 1st WBF Youth Teams Online Championships. This type of online tournaments would be exponentially increasing in the future and it would be nice to eliminate all possible ways of passing/receiving unauthorized information.

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2018-February-23, 17:18

good idea. so it's your turn you will have to spend extra time thinking as you don't know what has happened till it's your turn. <sarcasm>
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-February-24, 12:46

I can't fathom why this was posted in the Offline Bridge forum. I've moved it to the Suggestions forum.

Anyway, this suggestion comes up regularly. It would be appropriate if BBO were used for any really serious tournaments, but it's overkill for the casual games that are 99% of what the service is used for.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-February-24, 15:35

View Postbarmar, on 2018-February-24, 12:46, said:

I can't fathom why this was posted in the Offline Bridge forum. I've moved it to the Suggestions forum.

Anyway, this suggestion comes up regularly. It would be appropriate if BBO were used for any really serious tournaments, but it's overkill for the casual games that are 99% of what the service is used for.

It's relevant to non-BBO Bridge, where online play and serious tournaments are destined inevitably to meet. In Europe there are already real world discussions about using tablets rather than screens and cards. If I remember rightly, also for the next edition of World Mind Games.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users