BBO Discussion Forums: GIBBO and Bidding Blurb do not exchange info - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIBBO and Bidding Blurb do not exchange info

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-06, 04:50

Over 2S was going to bid 3C. Looked at blurb. 6+ clubs. Had not looked at 2C blurb thus 6+C looked like 2C must have been 3+C. It was not.
GIBBO has NO clue about blurbs. Methinks impossible to fix these 2 sections of software such that they talk to each other. Luckily minor loss.

vrock

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-November-06, 08:57

The definitions are just guidelines. You can't want to play in a likely 4-3 when clubs is likely at least 8-card fit.
Why 3is showing 6 is beyond belief are you not allowed to compete without a 6-card suit?!
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-November-06, 12:34

The 3 bid is ludicrous I know, but please don't take this personally because my comments on this forum are designed to be constructive, not critical, but I don't see any value in doubling a second time on your hand. It's got a potentially duff doubleton in the opponents suit, and the opponents have bid the anchor suit s. East has already stated extra values by bidding 2 so that leaves your partner with not a lot. Partner didn't show any preference for s on the first round of bidding, so why force him now?

#4 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-06, 19:09

View PostThe_Badger, on 2017-November-06, 12:34, said:

The 3 bid is ludicrous I know, but please don't take this personally because my comments on this forum are designed to be constructive, not critical, but I don't see any value in doubling a second time on your hand. It's got a potentially duff doubleton in the opponents suit, and the opponents have bid the anchor suit s. East has already stated extra values by bidding 2 so that leaves your partner with not a lot. Partner didn't show any preference for s on the first round of bidding, so why force him now?

thanks The_Badger. I once read before winning the Flight C GNT that matches are won on partgames. Communicated thus to all members of our team and we all concentrated on competing for and bringing home part games. I see the same on Vugraph at the top level. Those 3 IMP/5 IMP gains add up. Hence I want to compete and bid 3C except I show 6+C per blurb. Hence the double instead of a simple 3C.

vrock

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users