BBO Discussion Forums: GIBBO-induced Shaking and Trembling - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIBBO-induced Shaking and Trembling

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-02, 09:16

HAND #1

You hear the redouble on your right and start shaking and trembling because 2H is 4+ per blurb so you cant bid 2H and if you pass idiot will PASS. So you say to yourself they are non-vul, opponent is a friend. What is $2.62 between friends. and idiot passes and you go for $2.62. Thank yourself NO overtricks.
In a subhuman/superhuman/human game I would have bid 2H in a flash.

So! the RULE should be for this situation responder is 3+ in suit bid not 4+

Hand #2

Do you double 5C? GIBBO in the past has made such doubles with 6S, 5D or other weird shapes. So you bite the bullet and pass 300 instead of 800 @$0.5 you do the math.
You thank yourself for a plus and move on.

vrock

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2017-November-02, 13:40

Goodness, normal responses to takeout doubles are 3+ which is crazy. You cant have constructive bidding when nobody is promising 4 cards.
here doubler is quite likely 5-4 so why isn't 3 cards sufficient for bd 1
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-November-02, 15:32

GIB itself is always systemically allowed to lie by a card in difficult situations so I don't see why you can't bid 2H ostensibly showing 4 but sometimes having only 3. If N goes too crazy afterwards assuming an iron clad 4, complain about the followups, but I wouldn't be too adamant about changing the definition on the first board.

#4 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-November-03, 20:05

View PostStephen Tu, on 2017-November-02, 15:32, said:

GIB itself is always systemically allowed to lie by a card in difficult situations so I don't see why you can't bid 2H ostensibly showing 4 but sometimes having only 3. If N goes too crazy afterwards assuming an iron clad 4, complain about the followups, but I wouldn't be too adamant about changing the definition on the first board.

Please recall I said in "real life" I would bid 2H in a flash! I said to myself since GIBBO's distributions are all over the place with these doubles let me leave it up to GIBBO wherein lay the mistake.

vrock

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users