• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18-19 balanced with a fit?

#61 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-November-07, 18:38

Maybe to please both Csaba and Rainer, we should bid 3 with this hand, but responder should offer 3NT (perhaps via a 3 transfer!) with most balanced hands?
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#62 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2017-November-08, 00:29

View Postcherdano, on 2017-November-07, 18:38, said:

Maybe to please both Csaba and Rainer, we should bid 3 with this hand, but responder should offer 3NT (perhaps via a 3 transfer!) with most balanced hands?

csaba said:

Or at least having 1m-1M; 3M-3NT as COG ("do you have a mexican NT??") would be something.

But yes I think a 3 transfer would be cool :)
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#63 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-November-17, 05:37

I have always felt it was important to have at LEAST 2 ways to show GF major suit raises (by opener). Using a totally natural system rebidding 4m and raising to 4M fit the bill nicely. I prefer the 4m to be the highly distributional raise and 4M to be the balanced powerhouse since it would, logically, be significantly safer to explore for slam opposite a balanced powerhouse than the randomness of the preemptive game raise of 4m. This might also leave some small investigative room for the partnership to explore for slam below game when the 4m bid is used. void Axxx xx AKxxxxx u open 1c and p bids 1h what do you do? even if u play splinter bids it is a poor idea with so few HCP and anything less than game seems wrong so trot out 4c and see what happens.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users