BBO Discussion Forums: How could I vote for such a vulgar disgusting man? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How could I vote for such a vulgar disgusting man?

#101 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-August-12, 22:34

Trump has spent an unseemly amount of time away from the White House, playing golf, and is at this very moment on a 17-day vacation.

He's earned it. Didn't you see the list of all his accomplishments in his first 200 days?

#102 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-August-12, 22:37

View Postbarmar, on 2017-August-12, 22:34, said:

He's earned it. Didn't you see the list of all his accomplishments in his first 200 days?

good grief yes.....yes.....many would argue more

fwiw crispr and robots will add more ...more than you may expect

but fwiw pls look deep very deep regard....robots, crispr first 200 days

posters seem to believe zero...or close tozero...I disagree
--------------

I only point you to my posts from years and years ago...decades?

#103 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2017-August-12, 22:53

regarding robots

I recently had a cancer test

I was told to ask the robots what the result was

I told my human nurse I did not have a robot answer

she was shocked and could not tell me the answer...did I have cancer or not without seeking the robot

I had to wait days...yes days to hear answer.

fwiw wife had the same xper...with a different answer....

[posters fail to understand how robots effect and affect our lives today

#104 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2017-August-13, 09:27

View Postmike777, on 2017-August-12, 22:27, said:

good grief Winston and those who support you post after post

reports say two cops killed.....

you and those who support you say nothing.

perhaps===wrong reports.....bad reports...yet say nothing at this point

you just don't get it

I get that a 32-year-old woman was killed by a white nationalist using a car as a weapon in a terrorist attack, and I get that 2 policemen are also dead because of bunch of racists felt that they had to protest an imagined grievance about a loss of white privilege.

I get that without the hate and actions of those white racists, those 3 people would still be alive today.

Question is: do you get it?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#105 User is offline   RedSpawn 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-August-15, 04:41

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-August-13, 09:27, said:

I get that a 32-year-old woman was killed by a white nationalist using a car as a weapon in a terrorist attack, and I get that 2 policemen are also dead because of bunch of racists felt that they had to protest an imagined grievance about a loss of white privilege.

I get that without the hate and actions of those white racists, those 3 people would still be alive today.

Question is: do you get it?

I weep for a nation that prides itself on First Amendment rights yet there are no town hall meetings or media platforms to thoroughly discuss the issue of race in America or even the history of race in America.

If white nationalists feel a loss of white privilege, I would like an intelligent two-sided (or 3 sided) media platform for them to make the case because shaming the white nationalist movement makes them believe that they "are onto something". We have all of these political cable news shows and Sunday morning news platforms but as a nation, we still struggle with the issue of race and privilege and status and power and politics.

DAMN THAT WHITE ELEPHANT!

Rhetorical question: When can we all be real and have an intelligent, fulfilling, and dare I say, entertaining discussion about race in America without everyone taking it personally or resorting to violence to prove a point?

http://www.slate.com...south_show.html

ALL: PLEASE VIEW THE OPEN MIND VIDEO with Dr. Martin Luther King in 1957 and tell me when is the last time you have viewed a Sunday talk show like this ???!!! It is a fascinating 30 minute interview that blew my mind. Can we please have the old journalists back pleeease!

#106 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-15, 06:28

View PostRedSpawn, on 2017-August-15, 04:41, said:

I weep for a nation that prides itself on First Amendment rights yet there are no town hall meetings or media platforms to thoroughly discuss the issue of race in America or even the history of race in America.

If white nationalists feel a loss of white privilege, I would like an intelligent two-sided (or 3 sided) media platform for them to make the case because shaming the white nationalist movement makes them believe that they "are onto something". We have all of these political cable news shows and Sunday morning news platforms but as a nation, we still struggle with the issue of race and privilege and status and power and politics.

Rhetorical question: When can we all be real and have an intelligent, fulfilling, and dare I say, entertaining discussion about race in America without everyone taking it personally or resorting to violence to prove a point?

When education is free and readily available to all those willing to invest their time and energy into the pursuit of knowledge. The PTB prefer us to be ignorant and quarrelling so that we "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" and allow ourselves to be robbed blind. Starting off with a classical education of logic, grammar and rhetoric would help the debate advance.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#107 User is offline   RedSpawn 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-15, 09:32

View PostAl_U_Card, on 2017-August-15, 06:28, said:

When education is free and readily available to all those willing to invest their time and energy into the pursuit of knowledge. The PTB prefer us to be ignorant and quarrelling so that we "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" and allow ourselves to be robbed blind. Starting off with a classical education of logic, grammar and rhetoric would help the debate advance.

I am going to ask barmar about that super-like button....

#108 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-15, 10:18

View PostRedSpawn, on 2017-August-15, 04:41, said:

The group most likely to believe that whites are being discriminated against also happens to be the group that embraces anti-intellectualism. You use words like "intelligent" but intelligence and the ability to research and fact-check are products of education, which this group lacks comparatively, further disadvantaging them.
OK
bed

#109 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-15, 11:13

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-August-10, 17:26, said:

Now that we are on the verge of nuclear war with North Korea, by a show of hands: who is still proud of his or her support of Donald Trump?

And then there is this claim..

http://www.neonnettl...ons-in-minerals
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#110 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-15, 11:20

View PostMrAce, on 2017-August-15, 11:13, said:

If putin says it it must be true. can't trust mainstream media

#111 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-August-15, 11:51

View PostMrAce, on 2017-August-15, 11:13, said:

It would be wise to fact-check your source.

Factual Reporting: LOW

Notes: Neon Nettle is an alternative and independent news source. It is also a Conspiracy and Pseudoscience website. There are many articles about aliens, New World Order, etc. Has a Pants on Fire claim with Politifact and is listed on their fake news list. Really the best way to discover this site is to actually visit it and see for yourself. I suggest a tin foil hat.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#112 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-August-15, 11:57

Of course, if nuclear war is not a concern, there is always domestic terrorism:

WASHINGTON ― Weeks before a violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, led to three deaths and 19 injuries, the Trump administration revoked a grant to Life After Hate, a group that works to de-radicalize neo-Nazis.

The Department of Homeland Security had awarded the group $400,000 as part of its Countering Violent Extremism program in January, just days before former President Barack Obama left office. It was the only group selected for a grant that focused exclusively on fighting white supremacy. But the grant money was not immediately disbursed.

Trump aides, including Katharine Gorka, a controversial national security analyst known for her anti-Muslim rhetoric, were already working toward eliminating Life After Hate’s grant and to direct all funding toward fighting what the president has described as “radical Islamic terrorism.”

Source is Huffington Post

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: The Huffington Post is an American online news aggregator and blog that has both localized and international editions founded by Arianna Huffington, Kenneth Lerer, Andrew Breitbart, and Jonah Peretti. Huffington Post displays left wing bias through story selection and word choices. Not evidence based on some scientific issues, but generally well sourced overall. (5/13/2016)

#113 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-15, 14:53

Well. the POTUS just held a press conference in which he unapologetically defended Nazis and white supremacists. Equivocating, hand-waving, straight-up denying that they were even Nazis. These are his true colors.
OK
bed

#114 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-16, 08:39

View Postjjbrr, on 2017-August-15, 14:53, said:

Well. the POTUS just held a press conference in which he unapologetically defended Nazis and white supremacists. Equivocating, hand-waving, straight-up denying that they were even Nazis. These are his true colors.

Because his base includes lots of people who don't want to lose their white privilege. As if that's really likely to happen any time soon.

#115 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-16, 09:03

View Postbarmar, on 2017-August-16, 08:39, said:

Because his base includes lots of people who don't want to lose their white privilege. As if that's really likely to happen any time soon.

They believe it's already happened.

It's great to see that the invertebrate republican officials are finally taking matters into their own hands by expressing some concern and frustration and in some cases anger at these comments on twitter. I knew they'd do the right thing!
OK
bed

#116 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-August-16, 11:55

http://www.newyorker...s-of-corruption

#117 User is offline   RedSpawn 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-16, 18:23

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-August-16, 11:55, said:

Fascinating article. I believe the latest financial transaction from Trump Organization in the article was on or about 2012, so why is the article just surfacing now? We have a prelude to a money laundering scheme but nothing on this scale mentioned in the papers until now? This would have been a fascinating hot topic during the Presidential campaign season, but we were given a whole lot of fluff journalism instead.

Amazing! Did the pieces to and the parties involved in this alleged scheme just fit together all of a sudden? If not, who was holding out on the public dissemination of this information and why?

#118 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-16, 18:59

Sort of interesting political maneuver for Pency-poo to willingly admit that he also is unfit for office. Wouldn't this have been the perfect opportunity to say absolutely nothing and gain some favor with supporters who might be disenfranchised by mango mussolini's senility?
OK
bed

#119 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-August-16, 19:47

View PostRedSpawn, on 2017-August-16, 18:23, said:

Fascinating article. I believe the latest financial transaction from Trump Organization in the article was on or about 2012, so why is the article just surfacing now? We have a prelude to a money laundering scheme but nothing on this scale mentioned in the papers until now? This would have been a fascinating hot topic during the Presidential campaign season, but we were given a whole lot of fluff journalism instead.

Amazing! Did the pieces to and the parties involved in this alleged scheme just fit together all of a sudden? If not, who was holding out on the pubic dissemination of this information and why?

I saw the article's author interviewed, and he made it clear that the reason none of this had come to light previously is that no one would have invested in the cost of the 8 months of research by 3 people that was necessary to dig into international finance about just "some real estate developer"; however, now that that developer is president, it is a whole different story.

#120 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-August-17, 01:22

After the events of the weekend, I'll bet the OP is sickened by what she wrote.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users