BBO Discussion Forums: Raising the suit of opponent - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Raising the suit of opponent

#41 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2016-May-29, 03:09

[quote]

#42 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-29, 07:08

Lovera

I appreciate and respect that you are trying to communicate with us in a language that you are not comfortable with. You are either translating from google or trying to make sentences using Italian grammar with English words. So we are having hard time to understand.

I strongly recommend you to avoid long sentences. I know you are trying and I respect your afford, I really do.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#43 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-29, 08:15

View PostLovera, on 2016-May-29, 02:30, said:

I have found two hands and relative biddings in "BRIDGE GAGNANT Tous les secrets de la réussite" by Bertrand Romanet.

Do you have any books from this side of 1970?

On the first hand, how many modern players do you think would open AKxx 9xxx xx KQx with 1? Sorry but it is not worth looking further given the formatting issues.
(-: Zel :-)

#44 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-29, 11:18

View PostZelandakh, on 2016-May-29, 08:15, said:

Do you have any books from this side of 1970?

On the first hand, how many modern players do you think would open AKxx 9xxx xx KQx with 1? Sorry but it is not worth looking further given the formatting issues.

In my post #39 the opening bidding by North is 1 and not as you (wrongly) indicates 1.

#45 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-29, 11:22

View PostMrAce, on 2016-May-29, 07:08, said:

Lovera

I appreciate and respect that you are trying to communicate with us in a language that you are not comfortable with. You are either translating from google or trying to make sentences using Italian grammar with English words. So we are having hard time to understand.

I strongly recommend you to avoid long sentences. I know you are trying and I respect your afford, I really do.

Thanks. I think also that posts #40 and #41 could be removed if useless.

#46 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-29, 13:27

View PostLovera, on 2016-May-29, 11:18, said:

In my post #39 the opening bidding by North is 1 and not as you (wrongly) indicates 1.

While you are editing, you might want the overcalling hand to change from 10xx AJ K10xxxx xx. More to the point though, what exactly are your questions for these two hands from a 1968 book that are not answered by googling "unassuming cue bid" as already suggested?
(-: Zel :-)

#47 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-29, 14:38

View PostZelandakh, on 2016-May-29, 13:27, said:

While you are editing, you might want the overcalling hand to change from 10xx AJ K10xxxx xx. More to the point though, what exactly are your questions for these two hands from a 1968 book that are not answered by googling "unassuming cue bid" as already suggested?

About this one maybe 3 is more "disturbing" opp. The possibility to have two bids for overcalling should be used to differentiate force levels (10/11 lower -club, 12/13 higher - spade). About the second hand that in the book had not cued(=2), i have indicated it for request support (four cards and almost an honor).

#48 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-02, 06:59

This url (via Chrome) of site seems simply and clear about the explaining of it: http://www.pattayabr...ingcue_main.htm If you use, instead, the "strong" raise than with the Hand 2 and 3 the bidding it will be 2, with the Hand 4 is better 4(=1 keycard Oklahoma) reserving 4 if the King is in club and Queen in spade and for the Hand 7 directly bidding 3.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users