• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hearthstone

#241 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-April-21, 07:36

Thistle Tea could be good if rogues got something like MtG's scry effect, but as is it's way too random, and yeah could stand to cost 1 less anyway. I suspect they will be unveiling one or two pretty strong weapons for rogue this evening, at a level where everyone would have screamed "wow this + BF so OP" if they had been revealed earlier.

My midrange shaman is not losing much, so that might be my go-to deck on the ladder for a while when I'm not experimenting with new stuff. Plenty of options to replace my Piloted Shredders including Draenei Totemcarver, Rumbling Elemental, Fireguard Destroyer and Dark Iron Dwarf. I also have one Annoy-o-Tron and one Recombobulator which I'll just replace with random 2-drops like Flamejuggler or Boneguard Lieutenant.

But I'll be sure to ladder up some with my cancer paladin with Leper Gnome, Knife Juggler, Arcane Golem and, yes, Divine Favor before the release. :P
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#242 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 09:22

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-April-21, 05:48, said:

Leper Gnome, sure it was pretty much an auto-include in aggro decks, that doesn't mean you have to nerf it, it wasn't horribly broken or anything. Unlike, say, Alexstraza.

I used to think that if you were to make single card decks, leper Gnome was by far the best deck, which probably means it was OP.

I hate seeing nerfs with no replacements, and I am surprised dr boom is not nerfed yet.

#243 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 09:27

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-April-21, 07:36, said:

But I'll be sure to ladder up some with my cancer paladin with Leper Gnome, Knife Juggler, Arcane Golem and, yes, Divine Favor before the release. :P

I thought this deck was known as eboladin, I use it occasionally.

#244 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2016-April-21, 09:38

View PostFluffy, on 2016-April-21, 09:22, said:

I used to think that if you were to make single card decks, leper Gnome was by far the best deck, which probably means it was OP.

Frost Nova or the like would make for a fun single-card deck. :)
(-: Zel :-)

#245 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 10:02

View PostFluffy, on 2016-April-21, 09:22, said:

30 Leper Gnomes only has 50% winrate against 30 Mind Blasts, whereas you can get 100% winrate against the Mind Blasts with 30 Abusive Sergeants. But the Leper Gnomes win against the Abusive Sergeants so I think it's pretty balanced overall. :P
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#246 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 10:06

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-April-21, 10:02, said:

30 Leper Gnomes only has 50% winrate against 30 Mind Blasts, whereas you can get 100% winrate against the Mind Blasts with 30 Abusive Sergeants. But the Leper Gnomes win against the Abusive Sergeants so I think it's pretty balanced overall. :P

Twilight Whelp really needs a nerf though.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#247 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-21, 10:19

View PostZelandakh, on 2016-April-21, 09:38, said:

Frost Nova or the like would make for a fun single-card deck. :)

30 frost novas v 30 ice blocks, possibly the least exciting game ever

#248 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 13:35

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-April-21, 10:19, said:

30 frost novas v 30 ice blocks, possibly the least exciting game ever

Ice Block only triggers on your opponent's turn, so doesn't help against fatigue damage.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#249 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-21, 13:37

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-April-21, 05:48, said:

Still, you don't have to nerf an epic class card to the point where it is just straight-up worse than a neutral rare card. Draw 1 instead of 2 is fine for Ancient of Lore, now just reduce the mana cost to 6 and you have a properly balanced card. Leave it at 7 and you turn an epic card into total trash.

Leper Gnome, sure it was pretty much an auto-include in aggro decks, that doesn't mean you have to nerf it, it wasn't horribly broken or anything. Unlike, say, Alexstraza.

My preference is that the flexible druid cards (Ancient of Lore/Keeper of the Grove) *should* be slightly weaker than a non-flexible neutral option. Admittedly 7 is on the expensive side for Ancient of Lore, but at 6 it would be too strong.

I don't share your opinion about Leper Gnome either. If a neutral card is an auto-include in *every* deck of a particular style, then that feels like the perfect reason to change it. I'd much rather have a more diverse and slightly slower meta.

#250 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-21, 13:48

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-April-21, 13:35, said:

Ice Block only triggers on your opponent's turn, so doesn't help against fatigue damage.

I know, but it's fatigue v fatigue every game

Mirrored 30 thoughtsteals is worse

#251 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 21:47

Freeze mage for sure, I thought people will play CW to counter that and something like Midrange Hunter as the third side of the triangle.

#252 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-22, 03:49

So, rogue is pretty much dead, right? Didn't get any new weapons at all, Blade Flurry nerfed to oblivion, Oil is out and the only card they got to support any sort of combo style is the new legendary.

Warrior even got the better pirate cards...
    -- Bertrand Russell

#253 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-23, 03:04

Depends who you ask: https://www.reddit.c...rafting/d2d8c5w

#254 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-23, 08:46

View PostAntrax, on 2016-April-23, 03:04, said:

Although i'm pretty sure Yogg Saren - a 10 mana card with an incredibly random effect - isn't going to be playable, I'm more positive about the future of rogue in standard.

The main thing in Rogue's favour is that it lost almost no playable cards in Nax/GvG (Tinker's Oil, Goblin Autobarber?) and getting rid of Dr Boom is a huge plus.

Xaril, Shadowcaster and Shadow Strike all look solid and are likely to spawn a new rogue archetype.

#255 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-23, 12:14

Have you played around with the Yogg wossname simulator that was posted on /r/Hearthstone? I think it's also mentioned in the comments to the thread I linked to. It looks like an okay-ish "come back in the game" tool.

#256 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-24, 00:25

View PostAntrax, on 2016-April-23, 12:14, said:

Have you played around with the Yogg wossname simulator that was posted on /r/Hearthstone? I think it's also mentioned in the comments to the thread I linked to. It looks like an okay-ish "come back in the game" tool.

Yogg Simulator

I hadn't seen that link before, thanks! It's definitely a very cool card and all the non-targeted positive effects that you get are pretty strong.

I'm still unconvinced it will turn out to be playable though - 10 mana is just too expensive. I played quite a bit of mill rogue, and although it was fun, even with heal-bot and blade-flurry I couldn't consistently survive long enough for it to be viable.

#257 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-24, 02:20

Mill Rogue will never be viable, Blizzard don't want the mill mechanic to ever be competitive.

I'm half-convinced they also printed Elise to give fatigue decks a less boring win condition.

#258 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-27, 10:47

My first impressions regarding WOTOG standard (about 30 games in) is that they've made a mistake with the balancing for C'Thun druid.

Twin Emperor is almost always two 4/6 Taunts for 7 and the Klaxxi Amber-Weaver comes out as 4/10 consistently.

It seems really strong against everything.

#259 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-27, 17:57

Yeah and with Mire Keeper the ramp is getting pretty consistent.

Naturally, Mire Keeper is one of the 4 rares I didn't get a single copy of in my 63 packs.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#260 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-27, 18:22

View PostWesleyC, on 2016-April-27, 10:47, said:

My first impressions regarding WOTOG standard (about 30 games in) is that they've made a mistake with the balancing for C'Thun druid.

Twin Emperor is almost always two 4/6 Taunts for 7 and the Klaxxi Amber-Weaver comes out as 4/10 consistently.

It seems really strong against everything.

Well except when RNG takes the piss, 7 cards left in my deck when I lost, 6 of them being the 6 pump up C'Thun cards.

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users