• You cannot reply to this topic

Hearthstone

#221 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-March-12, 17:18

Cyberyeti, on 2016-March-12, 05:25, said:

Well that language is English, nominally the language the game is made in.

Just because the language they speak there is called "English", just like your language, does not make them the same language. Certainly, from a Canadian point of view, I never thought of "wog" as an "English" word before.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#222 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-12, 17:24

mgoetze, on 2016-March-12, 17:18, said:

Just because the language they speak there is called "English", just like your language, does not make them the same language. Certainly, from a Canadian point of view, I never thought of "wog" as an "English" word before.

It's mainly used in UK and Australian English I believe.

But (I work on a MMO) if I was bringing out a new expansion, one of the first things I would do was to google the word and just check I wasn't making it awkward anywhere I wanted to sell it.

We had a robust discussion in our game about the word Motorhead - in the US somebody who tinkers with cars, in the UK an amphetamine abuser (hence the band name via the Hawkwind song)

#223 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-March-12, 18:04

On the games front, "The Darkest Dungeon" is quite a lot of fun...
Alderaan delenda est

#224 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue

Posted 2016-April-19, 09:12

Today in Fluffy's Arena tips I will show you the ultimate combo! Brann Bronzebeard with injured blademaster

#225 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-19, 10:17

Fluffy, on 2016-April-19, 09:12, said:

Today in Fluffy's Arena tips I will show you the ultimate combo! Brann Bronzebeard with injured blademaster

Hahaha

Next you'll be using it with felguard, doomguard and pit lord, void terror could be funny too.

#226 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-19, 10:17

Fluffy, on 2016-April-19, 09:12, said:

Best Combo would be Blingtron to get Cursed Blade, then Brann Bronzebeard + Pit Lord.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#227 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-April-19, 14:56

mgoetze, on 2016-April-19, 10:17, said:

Best Combo would be Blingtron to get Cursed Blade, then Brann Bronzebeard + Pit Lord.

Such a RNG combo, we need something more stable in arena.

#228 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-April-19, 17:08

On another order of things I have drawn twice the same card in Arena that I only have 1 copy of.

This reinforces to beleive that time last year where my opponent played 3 times water elemental in constructed was not osmething I was dreaming of.

#229 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-19, 22:11

Have you cast gang up and forgot about it? :P

BTW Cyberyeti, Brann actually works favorably with void terror, it doesn't eat four minions, it eats two and gets the bonus twice.

#230 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-20, 01:15

Antrax, on 2016-April-19, 22:11, said:

I managed the Brann Bronzebeard + Elise Starseeker, followed by Reno Jackson combo once.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#231 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-April-20, 05:59

BTW Cyberyeti, Brann actually works favorably with void terror, it doesn't eat four minions, it eats two and gets the bonus twice.

No, I am pretty sure there was no spellbender nor gang nor anything around. I think it has to do with the curse from the 7-4 creature being added to the deck.

#232 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-20, 10:54

Might have to build something around that then ...

Can one of the things it eats be brann bronzebeard and still get the double effect ?

#233 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-20, 13:35

http://us.battle.net.../blog/20097355/

Ancient of Lore joins the ranks of absolutely crap-tier epics, why would you ever run that instead of Azure Drake now?

Blade Flurry also nerfed to oblivion, because apparently Rogue was just too OP as a class.

Arcane Golem? Dust in the wind...

Meanwhile the nerfs to Knife Juggler, Big Game Hunter and Ironbeak Owl actually seem somewhat reasonable and these cards might still see play.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#234 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-20, 14:26

mgoetze, on 2016-April-20, 13:35, said:

http://us.battle.net.../blog/20097355/

Ancient of Lore joins the ranks of absolutely crap-tier epics, why would you ever run that instead of Azure Drake now?

Blade Flurry also nerfed to oblivion, because apparently Rogue was just too OP as a class.

Arcane Golem? Dust in the wind...

Meanwhile the nerfs to Knife Juggler, Big Game Hunter and Ironbeak Owl actually seem somewhat reasonable and these cards might still see play.

The only nerf that shocked me was the stealth one.

You run AoL because you can't run 4 azure drakes :)

Blade flurry and arcane golem were nerfed to prevent near OTKs.

You're forgetting the FoN nerf, I had a deck in the last brawl that tended to use FoN and then play the spell that gave the treants deathrattle summon a 2/2 treant.

#235 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-20, 15:25

Cyberyeti, on 2016-April-20, 14:26, said:

The only nerf that shocked me was the stealth one.

It wasn't really a big surprise, Blizzard had previously hinted that it was limiting the design space for other cards that would be just too strong if they could be permanently stealthed.

However, I feel like they could have buffed the stats to 4/5 to keep the card playable.

You're forgetting the FoN nerf, I had a deck in the last brawl that tended to use FoN and then play the spell that gave the treants deathrattle summon a 2/2 treant.

I'm not forgetting about it, I just have nothing to say about it really. Everyone knew that either FoN or Savage Roar was going to be nerfed. Yeah, FoN is also pretty much unplayable now.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#236 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-April-20, 17:04

Funny from this week's tavern brawl, opp plays ragnaros as his only minion, I discover a spell take feign death and drop sylvanus, feign death, opp concedes.

#237 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-20, 23:40

The only nerf that I think might go too far is Blade Flurry. Rogue is going to need some serious compensation in the new set.

All of the other changes feel right on the money.

I'm especially pleased to see druid lose more than just one of the combo pieces. The new 4 mana wild growth creature (mire keeper) looks like a big buff to ramp druid, especially with shredder leaving.

#238 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 05:48

WesleyC, on 2016-April-20, 23:40, said:

The only nerf that I think might go too far is Blade Flurry. Rogue is going to need some serious compensation in the new set.

All of the other changes feel right on the money.

I'm especially pleased to see druid lose more than just one of the combo pieces. The new 4 mana wild growth creature (mire keeper) looks like a big buff to ramp druid, especially with shredder leaving.

Still, you don't have to nerf an epic class card to the point where it is just straight-up worse than a neutral rare card. Draw 1 instead of 2 is fine for Ancient of Lore, now just reduce the mana cost to 6 and you have a properly balanced card. Leave it at 7 and you turn an epic card into total trash.

Leper Gnome, sure it was pretty much an auto-include in aggro decks, that doesn't mean you have to nerf it, it wasn't horribly broken or anything. Unlike, say, Alexstraza.
    -- Bertrand Russell

#239 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 07:08

Blade Flurry really seems overboard, until we see whatever Rogue card was kept from us because it existed.
I feel Keeper of the Grove was also hit too hard. I guess with the leper/juggler nerfs Aggro did too poorly against druid in testing, or something.
Very sad they didn't nerf Divine Favor. I hate that card.

Cyberyeti, on 2016-April-20, 10:54, said:

Might have to build something around that then ...

Can one of the things it eats be brann bronzebeard and still get the double effect ?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge. When Zoos started running Brann it was actually run, but it turns out it's a bit too gimmicky (you get like a 17/19 instead of 8/9 or something, but both win the game if they stick)

#240 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-21, 07:10

WesleyC, on 2016-April-20, 23:40, said:

And so far, it's not looking like that. The new rogue legendary is pretty good, but Undercity Huckster is borderline (trades unfavourably with 2/3s), and Thistle Tea is just overpriced.

I suspect aggro shamans and possibly freeze mages will run amok next week.

ahydra

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users