Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Best software for . . . Practicing Conventions

#1 User is offline   biggerclub 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-February-16, 12:07

I play with different partners different days of the week. Because I am playing 5 different cards, sometimes with players who enjoy playing extremely deep conventional treatments and sometimes with converts from the rubber bridge games, I am prone to forgetting our system.

I would like to be able to set my program for the equivalent of "we use these conventions" and then have it spit out some quasi-random deals in which my designated conventions come up, but not in any particular or pre-determined order. However, hands that do not employ any of our convention set are scrubbed or omitted. For example, we play LEB over 1NT interference, after a X of a weak 2 and after a 2-level WJO of a 1 bid. We also play Rosencranz x's and xx's, DONT over OPPs NT, lots of stuff over our own NT, DOPI (5 level) and DEPO (6 level) over our 1430 4NT. etc. Now the program spits out a series of deals that involve some random convention that we play, but not in any specific set or order.

To be even more clear . . . I intend to use this product to "warm up" before a game. Even better if it runs on a droid phone!

I tried to review prior posts to see if I was covering old ground, but I couldn't make much sense of them.

I am not sure if this product exists, but if it does maybe someone could let me know.

#2 User is offline   Mbodell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-February-17, 00:42

You can use a dealing software like deal, but you are responsible for setting the hands up (with whatever rules you want - at a lower level than just DONT).

There is also partnership bidding in BBO, which also lets you control which hands to accept.

#3 User is offline   biggerclub 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-February-17, 09:11

It looks like DealMasterPro can do what I want to do. At least as far as creating hands. The random sprinkling of them through a set of 25 deals may be harder to accomplish.

I understand that I would have to set criteria rather than just naming conventions.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users