BBO Discussion Forums: Please show (and preview) explanations of passes - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please show (and preview) explanations of passes

#1 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-December-25, 11:06

There's probably a technological reason why this isn't already done, but I thought I'd submit the request anyway...

It would be very nice if passes were explained, similar to the way bids (and doubles) are explained. This would include previews. Some of these explanations would be very vague (initial passes would probably simply be explained as "11- total points"), but at least it's something. Sometimes, of course, the explanations would be much more helpful.

This post might belongs in the Suggestions for Software forum, so mods should feel free to move it.

#2 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-25, 13:50

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-December-25, 11:06, said:

There's probably a technological reason why this isn't already done, but I thought I'd submit the request anyway...

It would be very nice if passes were explained, similar to the way bids (and doubles) are explained. This would include previews. Some of these explanations would be very vague (initial passes would probably simply be explained as "11- total points"), but at least it's something. Sometimes, of course, the explanations would be much more helpful.

This post might belongs in the Suggestions for Software forum, so mods should feel free to move it.

I just had a hand where Pass was explained, and quite helpfully. I held AKQx, AKx, A, AJxxx and opened 2C. Pass by LHO, 2D by GIB partner, Double on my right. I wanted to pass but checked the explanation, which showed the normal point range but added "forcing to 2NT" seemed perfect I did pass and partner found a jump to 3S! Thought about 7 but didn't really see a way to explore so I just bid 6S. Had to find the CQ for 7, which I didn't so it was fine, at least at IMPS.

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-December-25, 14:32

Then, I guess my request is that the explanation that you previewed should make it to the hand records.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users