Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Autoplay of non-singletons

#1 User is offline   mfnwdikrn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-April-28, 19:56

Has anyone experienced auto play of cards that are NOT singletons?

I play cards online with friends from out-of-town. One of us insists that cards are being played even though she has not clicked her mouse. It is happening frequently but not every time. We reviewed her options to make sure Singleton Autoplay is NOT checked. She claims that it is happening spontaneously and completely unintentionally. The rest of us have not experienced this behavior. Her browser is Google Chrome and her o/s is Windows 8. The rest of us use Google Chrome/Windows 7, Internet Explorer/Windows 7, and Safari/Mountain Lion OSX.

Any ideas on what we could look at "under the hood"? Is there peripheral software that she might need to update, like Adobe Flash?

Thank you.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-28, 20:39

Does she have keyboard entry enabled?

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-28, 23:58

At the risk of sounding idiotic, I have to ask - She does know that cards are played by her partner when she is the dummy, right?

#4 User is offline   lolopuffin 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-29, 09:50

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-April-28, 23:58, said:

At the risk of sounding idiotic, I have to ask - She does know that cards are played by her partner when she is the dummy, right?

If there is a mistake that can be made, I've made it. I remember a hand wherein I thought I was declarer up until trick 9, when my choice of cards would not play :P I've had the "autoplay" situation too. Furthermore, it's been reported perhaps as many as 10 times in nearly 4 years of directing. What I do is I keep my finger OFF the mouse button until the cursor is over the selected card or bid. I've not had an autoplay since, so I'm convinced that my problem was a mouse reacting to the slightest touch. At first I had to think about it but now it's second nature. No touch until I'm ready to click ;)

#5 User is offline   mfnwdikrn 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-29, 18:57

Does this relate to tablets and virtual keyboards? How do you enable keyboard entry on a desktop computer? I would assume that this is the default.

#6 User is offline   mfnwdikrn 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-29, 18:58

View Postlolopuffin, on 2014-April-29, 09:50, said:

If there is a mistake that can be made, I've made it. I remember a hand wherein I thought I was declarer up until trick 9, when my choice of cards would not play :P I've had the "autoplay" situation too. Furthermore, it's been reported perhaps as many as 10 times in nearly 4 years of directing. What I do is I keep my finger OFF the mouse button until the cursor is over the selected card or bid. I've not had an autoplay since, so I'm convinced that my problem was a mouse reacting to the slightest touch. At first I had to think about it but now it's second nature. No touch until I'm ready to click ;)

I passed this suggestion onto her - thank you.

#7 User is offline   mfnwdikrn 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-29, 19:01

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-April-28, 23:58, said:

Yes. This problem is occurring when she is defending AND when she is declarer and playing the hand, but thank you.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-30, 08:31

View Postmfnwdikrn, on 2014-April-29, 18:57, said:

Does this relate to tablets and virtual keyboards? How do you enable keyboard entry on a desktop computer? I would assume that this is the default.

No, it has nothing to do with them, it's been an option in the download and web versions for years.

In the web version it's Options->More Options->Advanced Options->Keyboard entry for bidding/play. I don't think it's the default.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users