BBO Discussion Forums: BRIDGE-RATING for BBO - www.Bibo-Zahlen.de - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BRIDGE-RATING for BBO - www.Bibo-Zahlen.de

#1 User is offline   upsman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-August-02, 03:59

3 years ago, i have created a bridge-rating-system for BBO, called "BIBO-Zahlen". (www.Bibo-zahlen.de)

The first thing, was to create a algorithm, which shows the strength of a specific BBO-player. That was really hard, but the result is really ok.
The main point is, that every board has to be evaluated, not only the result of a tourney.

Therefore, for a f.e. 8-Board tournament with 100 tables, 800 single boards have to be evaluated. As the algorithm is a little bit complicated, and also recursive, this takes some seconds.
So i decided, to evaluate only some specific tournaments a day. ( to see the list of tourneys, which are evaluated: www.Bibo-Zahlen.de/turnieree.pdf ).

Every day, the database is being updated.

At this moment, the database contains more than 70.000 BBO-Nicks, and an individual rating for each player, the "BIBO-Zahl". (more than 3 Million boards have been evaluated until now).
All ratings are shown in a table, including the last 4 results for every player.

Posted Image

As i decided, to allow every player, to enter his personal data, including a picture, a log-in is needed, but as you can log in with your BBO-Nick, this doesn't seem to be a big problem,
as you can also log in without a password, if you like. When you enter the first time, we will send you password A.S.A.P which you can use from this moment on, if you like. (to enter f.e. personal data).

Also a message-system has been integrated, so every player can send a message to every other BBO-Player, using Bibo-Zahlen.de.

3 month ago, i decided to integrate the so-called "cup-hunting".
Every player, who raises his BIBO-Rating for 100 or more points in ONE tournament, gets a virtual cup, for his own virtual cupboard.

Many players like this very much, especially weaker players, because, they didn't get a cup before, for good results in a bridge-tournament.

The site is available in 2 languages: English and German (as i live in Germany)

Every BBO-Player is invited, to visit this site, many help-files will help to understand, how this all works. A little statistic module is also integrated.

The "normal" use of this program, is to open it, and if you´ll get an invitation to a tournament from an unknown player, search for the BIBO-Zahl for this player,
and you can decide within seconds, if you would like to play with him, or not. So you don't need to trust him, if he´s an expert (f.e.).

Bibo-Zahlen.de is of course 100% free to use. (a little Bridge-articles-shop is integrated)

If you have any suggestions, or questions, just ask (by mail: bibo-zahlen@email.de, or by BBO-message to UPSman).

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-04, 19:16

I gave up after about 8 pages and still apparently no closer to actually seeing whatever bogus scores you're making up.

#3 User is offline   SelfGovern 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge (huh?), Toastmasters, Data Storage, photography

Posted 2019-January-02, 15:00

View PostTylerE, on 2013-August-04, 19:16, said:

I gave up after about 8 pages and still apparently no closer to actually seeing whatever bogus scores you're making up.

I don't think it's made up. The interface is unfriendly, and I'm surprised that my name isn't there (I play quite a bit, including in ACBL events).

For the names I did find, though, the ratings seemed reasonable. People I know are good, ranked high. People I know are poor, ranked low.
Liberty breeds responsibility

#4 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-January-02, 16:06

View PostSelfGovern, on 2019-January-02, 15:00, said:

I don't think it's made up. The interface is unfriendly, and I'm surprised that my name isn't there (I play quite a bit, including in ACBL events).

For the names I did find, though, the ratings seemed reasonable. People I know are good, ranked high. People I know are poor, ranked low.

It's easy for a ranking to reflect skill quite reasonably. Harder to cover most players and tournaments. Much harder to have a clear interface. This one fails on the latter two criteria.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users