• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

unrevealing slam

#21 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-20, 15:17

In case anyone didn't deduce it yet, I played small from dummy at trick 1. Losing when RHO had Qx Axxx Qxxx xxx

#22 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2013-February-20, 18:16

I told you to take the S hook!
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#23 User is offline   lesh 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-February-21, 09:39

View PostFluffy, on 2013-February-16, 12:18, said:

opps are expert, partner is not, lead is 5 (3rd/5th)

I am with A and small . If it loses run the 9 from dummy. I dont like playing small because I dont like going down at trick 1 without exploring other options.

If the Ace is led I will still finess the RHO's Q because if I was LHO and the bidding was the same I would defo lead my A - it is a gamble but I dont want to be missing AK :)

#24 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-21, 10:54

people leading a small heart off dummy at any point are evidently used to playing against morons. playing to escape losing to the A of H is just abrogating the Queens issue. man up and make a decision.

#25 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-21, 11:02

View Postwank, on 2013-February-21, 10:54, said:

people leading a small heart off dummy at any point are evidently used to playing against morons. playing to escape losing to the A of H is just abrogating the Queens issue. man up and make a decision.

They are and they have. Since declarer's hand is somewhat unknown thanks to partner's inspired bidding, even a non-moronic East has a problem discerning whether declarer has AKQJxxx KJx x Ax or not (a complete minimum).

What is he supposed to do with xx Axxx Qxxx xxx? After all, rising ace only works because we lack a Two Club opener.

#26 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-21, 15:32

View PostPhilKing, on 2013-February-21, 11:02, said:

They are and they have. Since declarer's hand is somewhat unknown thanks to partner's inspired bidding, even a non-moronic East has a problem discerning whether declarer has AKQJxxx KJx x Ax or not (a complete minimum).

What is he supposed to do with xx Axxx Qxxx xxx? After all, rising ace only works because we lack a Two Club opener.

don't forget east will see the diamond is the jack at t1. declarer would take the opportunity to ruff a diamond surely if he had the hand you gave him. considering the lack of a heart lead AQ over must be a reasonable possibility in which case declarer is going to have difficulty guessing them correctly, despite a read on east.

you can't tempo east out of the hand at t2 either - he gets a free tank at t1 to consider his t2 play.

#27 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-21, 15:38

View Postwank, on 2013-February-21, 15:32, said:

you can't tempo east out of the hand at t2 either - he gets a free tank at t1 to consider his t2 play.

I was wondering about that - I was thinking of giving him quite a bit of time anyway in order to summon up the courage to duck, but not enough to have second thoughts.

B-)

Also, the chances of Qxx offside are very low, since that gives West specifically 5432 plus one higher spot.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users