• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs Scotland? Monday 11 February, 1900 GMT

#21 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-14, 18:33

View Postgszes, on 2013-February-14, 15:33, said:

My hublest apologies i scanned this quickly saw welsh pair along with fluffy and diana eva and quit reading I would have been more than happy to
play :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

No worries, Diana played well for the entire match.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#22 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner

Posted 2013-February-14, 22:46

I'm in the middle of the WTP pass and WTP Xers. I just think you need more quick tricks though so I'd probably pass but obviously bidding could work well.

#23 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-15, 00:44

This was pretty much a matter of not knowing each other's style. It was the first time Chase played with me and he couldn't be sure I can have that type of hand and pass over 4H. I would probably pass too in his place, but x with my regular pd, where I know what he passes with, and expects me to balance if I have any excuse at all to do so.

#24 User is offline   Codo 

• Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2013-February-15, 02:35

I think doubling will win more often then it will cost. But if it will cost, it will cost a fortune, so it is close. If this was the worst mistake in 24 hands, you play better then me and most players I know.

I guess I had tried 4 with my standard partner- as I did not open, this cannot be a one suiter. This will be horrible if partner was going to pass a reopening double but will usually work well if he holds 3 spades...

With an unknown partner I had doubled.
Kind Regards

Roland

Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...

#25 User is offline   lesh 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-February-24, 16:40

View Postchasetb, on 2013-February-11, 16:27, said:

Well, unfortunately BBF lost, and I'll take the blame on it. One hand I played extremely poorly after making a poor decision, and the other hand I made a bad (horrible? wimpy? stupid?) decision.

What would you do? If you are a non-passer, how much weaker / less shape would the hand have to be for you to not compete? Here is the board: http://tinyurl.com/c6uj3h4

On a side note, since I've taken the blame, would you take any action with the North hand? If you said no, how much stronger / more shape would the hand need before you take any action? If you said yes, how much weaker / less shape would the hand need to be before you pass?

I would have opened 1 in the first place. If I was 6-4 I might have given it a go with this hand. Otherwise a 5 card spade suit if I am to dbl I will prefer to have some 2.5 tricks in defence :)

But then again everything can always go wrong :)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users