BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Regional Tournament April 30-May 3 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Regional Tournament April 30-May 3 Kicked off & unable to play & lost $15 fee

#1 User is offline   retired01 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-03, 08:18

I participated in the open pairs 2 session regional tournament game yesterday. The first session went without a hitch (4pm game). My partner and I scored 61%+. We were both logged on 15 minutes before game time for 2nd session and were chatting when we noticed that the game had started and we were not in it. My partner messaged the TD and the TD said that one of us was not online at game time and there was nothing to do about it. We couldn't play. So both of us lost our $15 fee and the opportunity to earn more points in the second session. This wouldn't happen in a venue tournament. I have no idea what happened but this was 7:30pm which is highest daily traffic time on BBO. Anyone else experience anything like this? One solution might be to NOT schedule highly popular events at peak traffic times on BBO. I understand internet traffic and how it works because I ran an internet business for years. I know about the headaches during high traffic times. I also know that you can't punish your clients when the problem is that your system can't handle the traffic.

#2 User is online   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-04, 11:22

FYI, 7:30pm is outside our peak time.

#3 User is online   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-04, 11:28

Our log shows that you got logged out due to a connection timeout about 2 minutes before game time.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users