BBO Discussion Forums: GIB can't make pen-x of unu NT stick - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB can't make pen-x of unu NT stick

#1 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-14, 19:18

Pulling to 3s seems suboptimal to me. Can x of 3c be better defined so west doesn't do something silly? 3s should probably also be defined as exactly 4 spades and forcing (failure to bid 3s or unu vs. unusual 3h before), so that the bots can play 3nt which has considerably more play than 3s not to mention the game bonus.

Although, 3s down 4 undoubled turned out better than 2s-x making overtricks as was achieved at my table.

#2 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-14, 19:39

View PostStephen Tu, on 2012-May-14, 19:18, said:

Pulling to 3s seems suboptimal to me. Can x of 3c be better defined so west doesn't do something silly? 3s should probably also be defined as exactly 4 spades and forcing (failure to bid 3s or unu vs. unusual 3h before), so that the bots can play 3nt which has considerably more play than 3s not to mention the game bonus.

Although, 3s down 4 undoubled turned out better than 2s-x making overtricks as was achieved at my table.

Why didn't they end in 3NT, the play is the usual attrocious quality e.g. not giving partner a diamond ruff.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users