BBO Discussion Forums: What are minimum specs for Version 2? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are minimum specs for Version 2?

#1 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-26, 15:41

Some of the teachers in BIL are starting to use the audio feature in bidding and teaching tables. This is causing problems for some bbowin users who can't seem to get the browser version working.

BTW, from my experience, the audio on BBO is better than the "internet radio" broadcast solution because it has:
  • Better Sound
  • No time lag
  • Is more reliable, not prone to intermittent dropping of connections
  • Plus, it is not just one-way. Conversation is supported.

I am sure that somewhere, you must have the minimum Flash version posted, but I have not been able to find it. Since Flash is usually "bundled" into a browser, perhaps it would be useful here to list minimum software specs.

Also it is my understanding that the flash version uses a different port. It might be useful to give instructions on diagnosing whether a port being closed is causing a problem, and how to fix it.

So what are minimum acceptable versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome? Is there a minimum version of the Windows OS? Perhaps XP or later?

Also, is there a minimum speed for dial-up users that is workable?

This might also vary by OS. My friend has absolutely no problems using the latest version of Google Chrome on Windows 7 (64bit) except on BBO, where the only solution we have found is to use Internet Explorer.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-April-27, 09:46

If you follow the FAQ link on the home page, it answers some of your questions.

http://www.bridgebas...m/intro/faq.php

We require at least Flash 9, but I don't think we've tested with a wide variety of browsers in order to provide a detailed compatibility list. I don't think I've heard of any issues with any particular versions; where there are problems, I believe they're specific to the user's configuration, not general to the version.

V2 uses port 3336. If something is blocking that port, try http://www.bridgebas...ent.php?port=80 instead. Note that this usually won't work if there's a proxy firewall rather than a simple port filter.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users