• You cannot reply to this topic

Your bid

#21 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-March-25, 17:51

View PostHighLow21, on 2012-March-25, 17:40, said:

Look in the mirror, buddy. I didn't TAKE a tone with you; I simply said that I disagreed with your strategy and analysis, and your response is a passive-aggressive link to an article about the effect by which people of "lesser skill" think they are better than they actually are, asking ME to modify my tone.

Look in the mirror.

I know where I rank on these forums as a poster and player. I don't go around lecturing 655321 and Statto about math that's clearly over my head--I don't condescend to the players who know what they're talking about (I calmly and patiently consider their posts), nor do I patronize the beginners. However, I do not suffer loud fools. This game (and frequently life) make fools of us all...please consider this in your future posts; I'll likely only read the ones in response to my threads. If neither the quality of the content nor the attitude changes I won't miss them.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#22 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-March-25, 17:52

View PostArtK78, on 2012-March-25, 17:40, said:

Just wanted to point out that I did not say it was necessary for the opening 2 bidder to have 2 "quick entries" in order to make 4. I stated that there has to be sufficient communications so that two hearts could be ruffed in dummy.

I also stated that partner could have a better hand than just KQxxxx of spades and 4 could be trivially easy. Alternatively, the opps could be cold for something and -50 or -100 in 4 could be a fine score.

Yes, all true. Sorry to misparaphrase.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#23 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-March-25, 18:37

View PostArtK78, on 2012-March-25, 17:40, said:

Just wanted to point out that I did not say it was necessary for the opening 2 bidder to have 2 "quick entries" in order to make 4. I stated that there has to be sufficient communications so that two hearts could be ruffed in dummy.

I also stated that partner could have a better hand than just KQxxxx of spades and 4 could be trivially easy. Alternatively, the opps could be cold for something and -50 or -100 in 4 could be a fine score.

Agreed, and I think (1) relying on ruffs in partner's undisclosed short suit to get the defensive trick count up to 5 and also (2) relying upon the opponents to bid on after 3 to get a score more valuable than game is not the best strategy.
There is a big difference between a good decision and a good result. Let's keep our posts about good decisions rather than "gotcha" results!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users