• You cannot reply to this topic

Best line ?

#21 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-January-28, 01:29

cherdano, on 2012-January-27, 22:05, said:

Is the 9 really such an automatic false card on this hand? RHO may have hopes for a legitimate diamond overruff/trump promotion - say he has 9xx and thinks partner may have QT.

To me its not auto, but to me 9 is not auto stiff either.

Remember that when we play to our ace, we dont even know RHO is short in yet, maybe he played 9 and J from KJ9.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#22 User is offline   Statto 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, but not in conflation.
    Statistics, but not massaged by the media.

Posted 2012-January-28, 02:14

MrAce, on 2012-January-28, 01:29, said:

Remember that when we play to our ace, we dont even know RHO is short in yet, maybe he played 9 and J from KJ9.

I think that's fine, as long as RHO doesn't have a small ...
A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem – Albert Einstein

#23 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-January-28, 20:49

Statto, on 2012-January-28, 02:14, said:

I think that's fine, as long as RHO doesn't have a small ...

Umm..i didnt understand what u are trying to say, we all know the suggested line is fine as long as RHO does not have any other small trump but when u cashed the A, u didnt have Chardano's reason to think that 9 is not a false card.

Cherdano thinks 9 is likely to be honest card AFTER seeing that RHO has doubleton . Even then it is not a solid hint but honestly if i was East i wld keep my 9 with doubleton as Cherdano said

I didnt check this one but if u have a way to make game with a different line when u play 3rd and see LHO discarding a , then this may indeed be the best line.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users