BBO Discussion Forums: Interesting interviews about Italian Bridge - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interesting interviews about Italian Bridge

#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-July-06, 22:18

http://neapolitanclu...first-part.html

I am sure some of you probably read this b4, i thought those who didn't may enjoy this.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-July-06, 23:55

View PostMrAce, on 2011-July-06, 22:18, said:

http://neapolitanclu...first-part.html

I am sure some of you probably read this b4, i thought those who didn't may enjoy this.

great post thank you.

As I read this i think what nonsense from great players regarding picking/choosing teams.

If anything I think the way the USA does it is great/perfect ...as close as perfection bridge could come too.

Having some rich Italian woman pick the team...horrible.

The most important point, at least for the USA, is not ...not to win at any cost........ if the cost is one person picks the winning team.

#3 User is offline   NickToll 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-July-09, 09:37

View Postmike777, on 2011-July-06, 23:55, said:

great post thank you.

As I read this i think what nonsense from great players regarding picking/choosing teams.

If anything I think the way the USA does it is great/perfect ...as close as perfection bridge could come too.

Having some rich Italian woman pick the team...horrible.

The most important point, at least for the USA, is not ...not to win at any cost........ if the cost is one person picks the winning team.

Any opinion deserves respect. I can understand having just one person in charge of picking the national team does not suit everyone's taste, even if this happens regularly in most sports and in most countries (soccer, as an example). By the way, this method was used in Italy in the 50s-60s-70s to select the Blue Team, and it didn't work that bad. But you could be right on this point.

On the other hand, you can't possibly be right in referring to Maria Teresa Lavazza as "some rich Italian woman". She has been running the most successful Italian team for around 25 years, as a player and (mostly) as npc. Her knowledge of top Italian players and experience in leading a bridge team can't be questioned.
Selling is the second oldest profession, often confused with the first.
(Mahan Khalsa)

#4 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-July-09, 10:46

Interesting interview.

Regarding the still unresolved issue of whether a team consisting of Scandavian players should be been competing at all, let alone been in the finals of the Italian team club championships: What happened that the issue was not decided when the team entered?

As usual, just curiosity about something which is none of my business.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#5 User is offline   esmerax 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-July-09, 15:17

View Postaguahombre, on 2011-July-09, 10:46, said:

Interesting interview.

Regarding the still unresolved issue of whether a team consisting of Scandavian players should be been competing at all, let alone been in the finals of the Italian team club championships: What happened that the issue was not decided when the team entered?

As usual, just curiosity about something which is none of my business.

1) Angelini has been disqualified : http://neapolitanclu...squalified.html

2) Angelini appealed against Italian Federation: http://neapolitanclu...federation.html

neverending story ;-)

#6 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-July-11, 10:42

I hate that attitude of "I bid what I think what's right regardless of what pard might make of it". It's downright childish and irresponsible.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users