BBO Discussion Forums: Handviewer: claim doesn't appear without auction - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Handviewer: claim doesn't appear without auction

#1 User is offline   codger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-February-05, 09:44

Apologies is advance if this is the wrong forum, it's my first post...

I've been putting together some Handviewer displays for teaching. I'd like to avoid the distraction of an auction but unless I do enter something, I can't get a claim to appear when I reach the end of prescribed play.

That is, if I specify ..&k=s&a=-6SS&p=...&c=12 I don't see the claim and the reveal of all the cards but...

If I specify ..&k=s&d=s&a=6Sppp&p=...&c=12 I do

Is this a known problem? Is it strangely dependent on other options?

I'm using this is an <iframe> - full string: <iframe height="400px" width="400px" src="http://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?b=1&s=c8cadkdahthqhas8s9stsjsqsa&amp;w=c9cjcqckd3d9djh2h4h6h9s6s7&amp;n=c2c3c6c7d4d5d6d7h7hjhks2s5&amp;e=c4c5ctd2d8dtdqh3h5h8s3s4sk&amp;a=-6SS&amp;k=s&amp;p=ckc2c4cahth2hjh3s2s3s8s6hqh4hkh5s5s4s9s7sac9d4sk&amp;c=12"></iframe>

#2 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-05, 10:13

Hi Chris,

I think the problem is that you do not have a valid auction in your first example and all subsequent parameters are ignored. It is reasonable to suppose that you do need a valid contract before claiming and so you need a valid auction since there is no 'contract' key.

I also do not think that setting the board number automatically sets the vulnerability or dealer, so I always express this explicitly (but I may be wrong). In this case it probably defaults to what you'd expect, but that might be coincidence.

This forum is normally used for requesting changes to the software and I would have posted the question to the BBO Support Forum (which is the next one down).

p
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-05, 10:25

But it's not ignoring the subsequent parameters. It correctly shows the contract and the play. The only thing it doesn't do is display the claim at the end.

#4 User is offline   codger 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-February-05, 10:33

View Postpaulg, on 2013-February-05, 10:13, said:

[..]

I think the problem is that you do not have a valid auction in your first example and all subsequent parameters are ignored. It is reasonable to suppose that you do need a valid contract before claiming and so you need a valid auction since there is no 'contract' key.

[..]

This forum is normally used for requesting changes to the software and I would have posted the question to the BBO Support Forum (which is the next one down).

Hmm, allegedly 'a=-6SS' sets 6S by South without an auction. It knows (as next post notes) the contract and declarer. I also note that the highlighting of each seat when they take an action doesn't happen as play progresses. Is it a coincidence that the 'claim' is in the same highlight/orange?

Bizarrely missed Support Forum - not sure how that happened.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-05, 10:42

View Postcodger, on 2013-February-05, 10:33, said:

Bizarrely missed Support Forum - not sure how that happened.

Moved.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users