BBO Discussion Forums: Praise for my Partner - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Praise for my Partner Is there a slam?

#1 User is offline   pirate22 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 638
  • Joined: 2008-November-06
  • Location:asia at present time now HK time
  • Interests:Bridge- scuba-natural sex,no porn:)<br> Associate member I.B.P.A. workaholic

Posted 2011-January-17, 02:13

Or even a grand slam??? all non vulnyou r dealer.pick up.

AKQ8-A-AK98-AJ98---25 points plusall the nines better than 2's

Bidding proceeds 2cl-p-2d-p what is your rebid?
2sp/2nt/3cl/3d/3nt?
at the time i thought ill make it easy for partner,and bid 3cl-
next bid is 3hts--- so what now 3sp/3nt/4n/t! ace ask.?
still making it easy for partner-i bid 3sp pard now bids 4cl.so what now,?
4d/4hts/4sp/4n/t/5cl/5n/t/6cl/6nt/7cl/7nt????????????
so decided on 6cl-----do you agree. scroll down,
ill post this now and then post partners hand in 4 hours time
regards.
0

#2 User is offline   han 

  • Under bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,797
  • Joined: 2004-July-25
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Posted 2011-January-17, 03:05

4C.

I started bidding my weakest suit, and now I can't stop it, help!
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar
0

#3 User is offline   kgr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2003-April-11

Posted 2011-January-17, 06:28

2C-2D-3NT shows a balanced hand and 25 pts? (I would have preferred a doubleton H, but I think 3NT rebid describes the hand best?
Bridge Single Dummy Program: https://github.com/k...eDummy/releases
0

#4 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2011-January-17, 09:09

1. There should be a forum limit to the number of question marks allowed in a post.
2. This is a problem hand in general, but I probably would have bid 2♠ over 2♦ if I was not playing Kokish. Otherwise 2♥ then 2N seems normal enough.
3. 3♣?! "Let's bid my weakest suit that crams the auction more than almost any other bid, yay."
4. 6♣?!?!?!!? "I bid my weakest suit and distorted my pattern, I want to bid my weakest suit again since it was so much fun last time!"
5. I abstain from the final question since the previous bidding would never be reproduced.
6. Poor partner.
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#5 User is offline   pirate22 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 638
  • Joined: 2008-November-06
  • Location:asia at present time now HK time
  • Interests:Bridge- scuba-natural sex,no porn:)<br> Associate member I.B.P.A. workaholic

Posted 2011-January-17, 10:23

 mtvesuvius, on 2011-January-17, 09:09, said:

1. There should be a forum limit to the number of question marks allowed in a post.
2. This is a problem hand in general, but I probably would have bid 2♠ over 2♦ if I was not playing Kokish. Otherwise 2♥ then 2N seems normal enough.
3. 3♣?! "Let's bid my weakest suit that crams the auction more than almost any other bid, yay."
4. 6♣?!?!?!!? "I bid my weakest suit and distorted my pattern, I want to bid my weakest suit again since it was so much fun last time!"
5. I abstain from the final question since the previous bidding would never be reproduced.
6. Poor partner.


PARTNERS HAND IS --- 1/5/2/5---- 6-Q10872--76-Q10764--
I must say i was very tempted to bid 7cl needless to say also Kcl off side
and not a singleton K

0

#6 User is online   Cyberyeti 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,345
  • Joined: 2009-July-13
  • Location:England

Posted 2011-January-17, 10:50

2♣-2♦-2♥-2♠-2N(25-26 bal)-3♦-3♥-4♣-4♦(Keycard in ♣)-No aces but Q clubs-6♣

Easy enough hand.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users