balanced?
#2
Posted 2009-August-16, 16:29
#3
Posted 2009-August-16, 16:35
helene_t, on Aug 16 2009, 05:29 PM, said:
yep...or even downgrade to 3s?...nah
#4
Posted 2009-August-16, 17:53
With an average suit AJ9 I would like partner to have some support to raise - I expect a raise with a stiff honour more often than not. Against this is the heart and club suits that I would prefer to get the lead up to.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#5
Posted 2009-August-16, 20:02
If you play 3S as forcing, this is what I would bid. I don't, but I play 2NT as forcing.
#6
Posted 2009-August-16, 20:31
The_Hog, on Aug 16 2009, 09:02 PM, said:
If you play 3S as forcing, this is what I would bid. I don't, but I play 2NT as forcing.
oh so which of your 2 card suits is going to serve as your source of tricks in 3NT
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
#7
Posted 2009-August-16, 22:02
pooltuna, on Aug 17 2009, 09:31 AM, said:
The_Hog, on Aug 16 2009, 09:02 PM, said:
If you play 3S as forcing, this is what I would bid. I don't, but I play 2NT as forcing.
oh so which of your 2 card suits is going to serve as your source of tricks in 3NT
Probably the same suits that you are going to have to play on when you play 4S opposite a possible void.
I already stated that I personally have a gadget for this type of hand. Given that we are not using pet gadgets, 4S is a very foolish and unilateral bid. Even better is to downgrade the hand and bid only 3S.
#8
Posted 2009-August-17, 02:15
#9
Posted 2009-August-17, 04:14
Free, on Aug 17 2009, 08:15 PM, said:
How do you show this hand with Gazilli. My version has 3♠ as forcing with all invites going through 2♣.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#10
Posted 2009-August-17, 06:57
Cascade, on Aug 17 2009, 11:14 AM, said:
Free, on Aug 17 2009, 08:15 PM, said:
How do you show this hand with Gazilli. My version has 3♠ as forcing with all invites going through 2♣.
Start with 2♣, see what partner responds. After a 2♦ positive you bid 3♠ forcing (denying 3♥) and see what partner does. Note that for me this denies a solid suit.
Bidding 3♠ immediately shows a solid suit, sets trumps, and asks to start cuebidding.
#12
Posted 2009-August-17, 09:01
Fluffy, on Aug 17 2009, 08:25 AM, said:
x
Axx
Jxx
KJxxxx
Must have been a Club slam.
Spade slam can't make.
AJ98xxx
Kx
KQ
AQ
#13
Posted 2009-August-17, 09:05
George Carlin
#14
Posted 2009-August-17, 10:58
With the actual responding hand we'd bid:
1♠ - 1NT
2NT - 3♣ (5+ in a minor)
3♦ - 4♣ (relay, 6♣ and max)
4♦ - 4♥
4♠ - 4NT
5♠ - 6♣
Harald
#15
Posted 2009-August-17, 17:54
gwnn, on Aug 17 2009, 10:05 AM, said:
No point. I was too flummoxed as to realistically get to a 6C slam.... skaeran's auction notwithsatanding.
#16
Posted 2009-August-17, 18:26
#17
Posted 2009-August-18, 02:44
skaeran, on Aug 17 2009, 04:58 PM, said:
With the actual responding hand we'd bid:
1♠ - 1NT
2NT - 3♣ (5+ in a minor)
3♦ - 4♣ (relay, 6♣ and max)
4♦ - 4♥
4♠ - 4NT
5♠ - 6♣
Is 3♦ totally forced? I would feel tempted to bid 3 spades. Specially if I can hold a balanced hand.
#18
Posted 2009-August-18, 12:52
Fluffy, on Aug 18 2009, 10:44 AM, said:
skaeran, on Aug 17 2009, 04:58 PM, said:
With the actual responding hand we'd bid:
1♠ - 1NT
2NT - 3♣ (5+ in a minor)
3♦ - 4♣ (relay, 6♣ and max)
4♦ - 4♥
4♠ - 4NT
5♠ - 6♣
Is 3♦ totally forced? I would feel tempted to bid 3 spades. Specially if I can hold a balanced hand.
No, 3♦ isn't forced at all, opener can drop the relay if he wants, and might elect to rebid 3♠ with the actual hand.
Harald

Help
