Quackers
#2
Posted 2009-August-04, 11:32
the Freman, Chani from the move "Dune"
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw
#3
Posted 2009-August-04, 13:11
George Carlin
#5
Posted 2009-August-04, 19:20
I am inclined to PASS.
This hand looks defensive to me.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#6
Posted 2009-August-04, 20:07
It's equal to Q98 QJ2 32 AQ642 and considerably worse than Q982 QJ32 32 AQ2, which is still only a minimum double.
#7
Posted 2009-August-04, 21:31
#8
Posted 2009-August-04, 22:10
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."
#9
Posted 2009-August-04, 23:06
Jlall, on Aug 4 2009, 10:31 PM, said:
It's not worth zero points if we're considering 3NT or something similar, but for the purposes of deciding whether to make a takeout double in this situation the QJ is worth next to nothing. Competitive decisions are based on offensive/defensive differential not just a count of our side's assets.
If partner has a five card major and some values and they compete to 3♦ he is going to get it wrong if I double with this hand.
I might have valued the QJ as negative on the grounds that opponents will have more elsewhere when missing QJ of their suit, plus it has a better chance of scoring a trick on defence than offense. I took a rosy view and just counted it as zero
#10
Posted 2009-August-05, 00:36
#11
Posted 2009-August-05, 04:41
#12
Posted 2009-August-05, 08:06
#13
Posted 2009-August-05, 08:18
655321, on Aug 5 2009, 09:06 AM, said:
2C has to be worse!
#14
Posted 2009-August-05, 08:26
Jlall, on Aug 5 2009, 02:18 PM, said:
655321, on Aug 5 2009, 09:06 AM, said:
2C has to be worse!
Thank you, I was starting to feel sick hearing all those club bids.

Help
