another thin reopening
#1
Posted 2009-July-19, 12:13
♥Q853
♦A1064
♣Q643
IMPs, South dealer, All vulnerable, the bidding went like these at both tables:
pass-(3♠)-pass-(pass)
??
pass-(2♠)-pass-(pass)
??
#4
Posted 2009-July-19, 14:24
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#5
Posted 2009-July-19, 15:10
It's more borderline over 3♠. Personally I'd most probably pass.
Harald
#6
Posted 2009-July-19, 21:52
#7
Posted 2009-July-19, 22:10
#8
Posted 2009-July-19, 23:18
#9
Posted 2009-July-20, 01:14
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#10
Posted 2009-July-20, 01:30
Fluffy, on Jul 20 2009, 01:13 AM, said:
♥Q853
♦A1064
♣Q643
IMPs, South dealer, All vulnerable, the bidding went like these at both tables:
pass-(3♠)-pass-(pass)
??
pass-(2♠)-pass-(pass)
??
So you double and they make their 2S, or ypur partner bids 3NT on his balanced 14 count. Oh well, just antoher bad board, yes?
#11
Posted 2009-July-20, 07:52
#12
Posted 2009-July-20, 08:40
?? [/QUOTE]
So you double and they make their 2S, or ypur partner bids 3NT on his balanced 14 count. Oh well, just antoher bad board, yes? [/quote]
I'm on record as saying, "I don't balance against weak 2's", but because we are a passed hand I think it is safe, and I have found myself breaking this rule a lot over the last year.
Ron, a 14 count is very specific here. It would be a hand weak enough for initial action, but strong enough to go nuts over our reopening. Its quite possible partner has a penalty pass with that hand type too.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#13
Posted 2009-July-20, 08:51
Phil, on Jul 20 2009, 09:40 AM, said:
Mmm yes, but don't just break this rule. Throw it away, preferably far enough away that you never find it again.
#14
Posted 2009-July-20, 10:54
655321, on Jul 20 2009, 09:51 AM, said:
Phil, on Jul 20 2009, 09:40 AM, said:
Mmm yes, but don't just break this rule. Throw it away, preferably far enough away that you never find it again.
lol yeah what kinda rule is that, especially from pclayton the balancing master!
#15
Posted 2009-July-22, 12:37
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."
#16
Posted 2009-July-22, 13:15

Help
