BBO Discussion Forums: One I botched - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One I botched

#1 User is offline   karlson 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 974
  • Joined: 2005-April-06

Posted 2009-July-17, 17:53

Scoring: IMP

2♥-x-3♥-3n
ppp


Lead is the ♥J. Righty overtakes with the Q and, assuming you duck, continues with a small heart. If you duck again, lefty will switch to the ♠J.
0

#2 User is offline   kenrexford 

  • Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,586
  • Joined: 2005-September-21
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lima, Allen County, North-West-Central Ohio, USA
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2009-July-17, 19:44

Well, RHO seems to need to have the club King, and he seems to actually have it. I'd win on dummy to play a club to the Ace (maybe a stiff King falls -- can always hope) and then out a club. I'm not finessing and setting up and entry for LHO's 10xx or Jxx.

If the Queen is ducked, but everyone follows, I have 9 tricks if diamonds come in. And, I can lose two more tricks if I want. So, I'll play another club, just in case clubs are 3-3.

If clubs turn out to be 3-3, then I now have three clubs, two spades, two diamonds, and a heart, for 8 tricks, and I only need one more. Plus, I can lose one more. Maybe somehow this gives me another option on feel or something. Or, maybe I just end up with a solution to LHO having the stiff diamond Queen.

Actually, I suppose I would play a top diamond earlier and would already know this, but, whatever.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.
0

#3 User is offline   benlessard 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2006-January-07
  • Location:Montreal Canada
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2009-July-17, 20:09

At a quick glance you seems to have an endplay on RHO if clubs are 3-3 and spades 5-2. (or if spades 43 and RHO doesnt unblock Q♠)

Win on dummy play the Q of clubs and duck.

If the Q isnt covered play clubs to the 8. Win the S return. Cash the A of clubs. If clubs are 3-3 you only need 3D so on the ace of H you pictch the 4th diamond. Go up to dummy play the 4th club and hopefully RHO is squeezed. If club dont break youll need 4 D tricks.

If the Q is ducked and LHO win the 2 round of clubs and return a haert its basically the same line.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users