BBO Discussion Forums: Level 5 competition - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Level 5 competition

Poll: What do you bid? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you bid?

  1. Pass (2 votes [10.53%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.53%

  2. Dble (16 votes [84.21%])

    Percentage of vote: 84.21%

  3. 5S (1 votes [5.26%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.26%

  4. 6C (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   zenko 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 166
  • Joined: 2006-April-26

Posted 2009-July-16, 07:14

Scoring: IMP

you pass, LHO opens 2D (alerted as decent W2), N bids 3C, RHO 5D, now what?

0

#2 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-July-16, 07:17

double. nothing else fits.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-July-16, 07:18

yay double, partner won't understand probably but anyway :rolleyes:
0

#4 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-July-16, 07:32

Double. LOL me, but I probably would have opened this.
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#5 User is offline   NickRW 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,951
  • Joined: 2008-April-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sussex, England

Posted 2009-July-16, 11:47

Add me for an X, and also I probably would also have opened too.
"Pass is your friend" - my brother in law - who likes to bid a lot.
0

#6 User is offline   skjaeran 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,727
  • Joined: 2006-June-05
  • Location:Oslo, Norway
  • Interests:Bridge, sports, Sci-fi, fantasy

Posted 2009-July-16, 15:18

mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

Double. LOL me, but I probably would have opened this.

Me too
Kind regards,
Harald
0

#7 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-July-17, 00:42

I think you did not list the secondbest choice: 5 ♥ to look for a slam in clubs.

But this does not matter, because we all would double.
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

#8 User is offline   zasanya 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 747
  • Joined: 2003-December-24
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Thane,Mumbai,Maharashtra,India
  • Interests:Chess,Scrabble,Bridge

Posted 2009-July-17, 06:48

skaeran, on Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM, said:

mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

Double. LOL me, but I probably would have opened this.

Me too

What is your criteria for opening?
Aniruddha
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius".
0

#9 User is offline   skjaeran 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,727
  • Joined: 2006-June-05
  • Location:Oslo, Norway
  • Interests:Bridge, sports, Sci-fi, fantasy

Posted 2009-July-17, 09:08

zasanya, on Jul 17 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

skaeran, on Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM, said:

mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

Double. LOL me, but I probably would have opened this.

Me too

What is your criteria for opening?

Holding a hand I consider an opening! :(
Kind regards,
Harald
0

#10 User is offline   skjaeran 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,727
  • Joined: 2006-June-05
  • Location:Oslo, Norway
  • Interests:Bridge, sports, Sci-fi, fantasy

Posted 2009-July-17, 09:11

zasanya, on Jul 17 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

skaeran, on Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM, said:

mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

Double. LOL me, but I probably would have opened this.

Me too

What is your criteria for opening?

Seriously, I've got a 10-count, a nice 5-card suit, a singleton, a good rebid and good interiors (♥J8 ♣T). This hand is better than an average balanced 12-count. And I do open hands worse than that.
Kind regards,
Harald
0

#11 User is offline   Cascade 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Posts: 6,772
  • Joined: 2003-July-22
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • Interests:Juggling, Unicycling

Posted 2009-July-17, 14:00

I hate double ...

I can't underwrite a game

I have undisclosed support for partner

I have only a singleton trump

...

The problem is do I hate the alternatives more?
Wayne Burrows

I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon

#12 User is offline   655321 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,502
  • Joined: 2007-December-22

Posted 2009-July-17, 18:12

Double WTP obviously.

BTW, I would only open the hand at w/r.
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.
0

#13 User is offline   benlessard 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,465
  • Joined: 2006-January-07
  • Location:Montreal Canada
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2009-July-18, 09:39

Double and bidding isnt over, at this level partner will play us more for general strenght than for diamonds tricks. So if hes got a monster we might still reach game/slam.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users