Level 5 competition
#2
Posted 2009-July-16, 07:17
George Carlin
#4
Posted 2009-July-16, 07:32
#5
Posted 2009-July-16, 11:47
#6
Posted 2009-July-16, 15:18
mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:
Me too
Harald
#7
Posted 2009-July-17, 00:42
But this does not matter, because we all would double.
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#8
Posted 2009-July-17, 06:48
skaeran, on Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM, said:
mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:
Me too
What is your criteria for opening?
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius".
#9
Posted 2009-July-17, 09:08
zasanya, on Jul 17 2009, 02:48 PM, said:
skaeran, on Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM, said:
mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:
Me too
What is your criteria for opening?
Holding a hand I consider an opening!
Harald
#10
Posted 2009-July-17, 09:11
zasanya, on Jul 17 2009, 02:48 PM, said:
skaeran, on Jul 16 2009, 04:18 PM, said:
mtvesuvius, on Jul 16 2009, 03:32 PM, said:
Me too
What is your criteria for opening?
Seriously, I've got a 10-count, a nice 5-card suit, a singleton, a good rebid and good interiors (♥J8 ♣T). This hand is better than an average balanced 12-count. And I do open hands worse than that.
Harald
#11
Posted 2009-July-17, 14:00
I can't underwrite a game
I have undisclosed support for partner
I have only a singleton trump
...
The problem is do I hate the alternatives more?
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#12
Posted 2009-July-17, 18:12
BTW, I would only open the hand at w/r.
#13
Posted 2009-July-18, 09:39
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

Help

you pass, LHO opens 2D (alerted as decent W2), N bids 3C, RHO 5D, now what?