I once had a line in my system notes about opener's rebids that said "we pretend 0445 does not exist".
1♣ and 2♣ for me this time, but I don't really feel stronly about it, I think 1♦ and 2♣ is fine.
Reverse or not? void in partner's suit
#22
Posted 2009-July-16, 14:49
I strongly dislike a 1♦ opening with a hand this good. Yeh, you know partner is going to bid ♠, thats not the end of the world.
I prefer 1♣(1♠)2♥ and lets see...I'll pass 2♠. Over 2NT I'll try 3♣and play 3♦ if thats P next call.
Ofcourse a Roman 2♦ gets it off my chest in 1 shot
I prefer 1♣(1♠)2♥ and lets see...I'll pass 2♠. Over 2NT I'll try 3♣and play 3♦ if thats P next call.
Ofcourse a Roman 2♦ gets it off my chest in 1 shot
#23
Posted 2009-July-16, 20:53
jmcw, on Jul 16 2009, 03:49 PM, said:
I strongly dislike a 1♦ opening with a hand this good. Yeh, you know partner is going to bid ♠, thats not the end of the world.
I prefer 1♣(1♠)2♥ and lets see...I'll pass 2♠. Over 2NT I'll try 3♣and play 3♦ if thats P next call.
Ofcourse a Roman 2♦ gets it off my chest in 1 shot
I prefer 1♣(1♠)2♥ and lets see...I'll pass 2♠. Over 2NT I'll try 3♣and play 3♦ if thats P next call.
Ofcourse a Roman 2♦ gets it off my chest in 1 shot
The hand is way too weak for a Roman 2♦ opening.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."
-P.J. Painter.
-P.J. Painter.
#24
Posted 2009-July-16, 23:10
kenrexford, on Jul 16 2009, 09:53 PM, said:
jmcw, on Jul 16 2009, 03:49 PM, said:
I strongly dislike a 1♦ opening with a hand this good. Yeh, you know partner is going to bid ♠, thats not the end of the world.
I prefer 1♣(1♠)2♥ and lets see...I'll pass 2♠. Over 2NT I'll try 3♣and play 3♦ if thats P next call.
Ofcourse a Roman 2♦ gets it off my chest in 1 shot
I prefer 1♣(1♠)2♥ and lets see...I'll pass 2♠. Over 2NT I'll try 3♣and play 3♦ if thats P next call.
Ofcourse a Roman 2♦ gets it off my chest in 1 shot
The hand is way too weak for a Roman 2♦ opening.
and too strong by a tad for a mini roman, which i prefer not to perpetrate unless exactly 4441.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

Help
