Reverse or not? void in partner's suit
#1
Posted 2009-July-13, 06:07
♥K1075
♦AQ102
♣AQ975
first position MPs nobody vul, whatever you open at the 1 level partner answers 1♠ back to you.
If you reverse feel free to mention what you would do next when partner bids 2 spades next.
#2
Posted 2009-July-13, 06:37
I'm passing 2♠.
Harald
#3
Posted 2009-July-13, 06:50
Ok, here I will.
#4
Posted 2009-July-13, 07:42
I will open 1C.
If I will make a reverse, it is 2H.
Do I reverse, I voted yes, but it is as likley that I bid 2C, of course
it helps, that I could pass 2S, even if I would make the reverse.
With kind regards
Marlowe
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
#6
Posted 2009-July-13, 08:02
cherdanno, on Jul 13 2009, 07:50 AM, said:
Ok, here I will.
This is how I feel about the hand too.
Partner will definitely expect another club, but perhaps all the extra values will make up for it - perhaps this hand will take the same number of tricks as a weaker hand with 6 clubs.
#7
Posted 2009-July-13, 08:48
Either open 1♦ and rebid 2♣ or open 1♣ and rebid 2♣, whichever style the partnership is comfortable with.
This hand is not a reverse. It is a great hand if there is a fit; but, without a fit, it is merely an above-average opening hand.
#8
Posted 2009-July-13, 09:21
1♦ then 2♣.
#9
Posted 2009-July-13, 09:26
skaeran, on Jul 13 2009, 07:37 AM, said:
I'm passing 2♠.
agreed: not close imo
#10
Posted 2009-July-13, 10:25
#12
Posted 2009-July-13, 12:11
Quote
1♣, 2♣
Guess I'm an exception.
#13
Posted 2009-July-13, 12:20
Apollo81, on Jul 13 2009, 01:11 PM, said:
Quote
1♣, 2♣
Guess I'm an exception.
me too
bed
#14
Posted 2009-July-13, 12:52
#15
Posted 2009-July-13, 13:03
#16
Posted 2009-July-13, 13:07
-P.J. Painter.
#17
Posted 2009-July-13, 14:08
#18
Posted 2009-July-13, 18:52
I emailed this one around and got all 4 answers:
1c and then 2c
1c and then 2d
1c and then 2h
1d and then 2c
#19
Posted 2009-July-13, 19:04
Second choice 1C followed by 2C.
#20
Posted 2009-July-14, 18:50
I open 1cl 1sp
2d reverse pard knows club suit genuine
if pard bids 2s i then bid 2n/t
i would not reverse into hts and bypass diam suit

Help
