thin reopening AK and right shape
#1
Posted 2009-July-11, 16:49
♥9842
♦AK754
♣1083
Vul N-S, dealer east
(pass)-pass-(2♠)-pass
(pass)-???
#2
Posted 2009-July-11, 16:57
#3
Posted 2009-July-12, 01:34
--Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
#5
Posted 2009-July-12, 14:06
kfay, on Jul 13 2009, 06:53 AM, said:
Otherwise we will miss game when partner has a balanced 14 count.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#6
Posted 2009-July-12, 15:19
#8
Posted 2009-July-12, 17:56
♠KJ9x
♥AKxx
♦-
♣KJ9xx
I think passing then bidding 4♥ is inconsistent, if you pass oyu have to pass the double, or maybe I am being biased. 4♥ down 1, 3 clubs makes, spades makes 5 or 6 tricks.
#9
Posted 2009-July-12, 18:22
jdonn, on Jul 13 2009, 09:19 AM, said:
I think this will depend on how often the particular opponent raises and on what sort of hands and the style of their weak twos.
Nevertheless I would think that "most likely" is what you would call an "overbid".
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#10
Posted 2009-July-12, 20:33
Cascade, on Jul 12 2009, 07:22 PM, said:
Strongly disagree.
#11
Posted 2009-July-12, 20:55
Fluffy, on Jul 11 2009, 05:49 PM, said:
♥9842
♦AK754
♣1083
Vul N-S, dealer east
(pass)-pass-(2♠)-pass
(pass)-???
Pass
Now I will read the posts and see why my wtp was wrong
#12
Posted 2009-July-12, 20:59
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#13
Posted 2009-July-12, 21:02
Cascade, on Jul 12 2009, 09:59 PM, said:
Opposite a passed partner?
#14
Posted 2009-July-12, 21:11
Cascade, on Jul 12 2009, 09:59 PM, said:
Maybe but all I said is I believe partner's most likely hand type is a penalty pass.
#15
Posted 2009-July-12, 21:20
jdonn, on Jul 13 2009, 02:33 PM, said:
Cascade, on Jul 12 2009, 07:22 PM, said:
Strongly disagree.
I have been doing some simulations and partner normally has three or four spades without a clear pass. And this is after RHO raises with some hands with three trumps. Only passes with weakish hands with some 4-3-3-3 or 4-4-3-2 or maybe 5-3-3-2.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#16
Posted 2009-July-12, 21:21
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#17
Posted 2009-July-12, 21:41
#18
Posted 2009-July-12, 21:45
jdonn, on Jul 13 2009, 03:41 PM, said:
Nothing except you need a lot of them to make up for the -470s.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#19
Posted 2009-July-12, 21:51
#20
Posted 2009-July-12, 22:28
Take from it whatever you will ...
♠ A108xx ♥ KQx ♦ Jx ♣ xxx -470 (unless you don't pass with this)
♠ QJ98 ♥ AJ76 ♦ 86 ♣ AJ7 +100 if you pass -100/200/500 if you bid 4♥ (+140/-100 for 3♥)
♠ AQ108 ♥ QJx ♦ 9x ♣ Kxxx -470 or -100 or more if you bid 3♣
♠ K108x ♥ AKx ♦ Q9xx ♣ Jx -470 (if this is a pass) -200 at least in 3NT, +110 in 3♦
♠ AT976 ♥ KT ♦ 6 ♣ KJ964 -470 unless somehow you can get four trump tricks. Maybe make 3♣
♠ A764 ♥ AKJx ♦ 1098 ♣ Jx 9 tricks in spades, 8 tricks in hearts
♠ 10973 ♥ AKx ♦ Qx ♣ AJxx 2♠ is down one and 3♣ is five tricks + however many trumps you can get -they are Qx opposite Kxxx
♠ K87x ♥ Ax ♦ JTx ♣ AQ9x maybe +300 (but are you really passing with this stack) maybe only +100 I think 3♣ will make
♠ KJ763 ♥ Tx ♦ x ♣ AJ762 -470/+100 (we need three trump tricks to beat it) 3♣ probably makes
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon

Help
