BBO Discussion Forums: I wuz Grosvenored - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I wuz Grosvenored

#1 User is offline   Wackojack 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 925
  • Joined: 2004-September-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England
  • Interests:I have discovered that the water cooler is a chrono-synclastic infundibulum

Posted 2009-July-19, 05:23

Scoring: IMP

W N E S
- - 1♦ 1♠
p 1NT p 4♠
p p p


9♦ led, small in dummy, to Jack and Ace. That's careless, I thought. Before the Jack came up, it was Plan A - I needed to play East for AQ or AQx. Now it looks like I can get a losing heart away and make the contract provided I limit my spade losers to 3. So on to Plan B. I played a small club to dummy's King and noticed that East dropped the Jack. Hmm! Another extravagant card. Do I now revert to Plan A? No probably a doubleton, so I will press on with Plan B. Accordingly I Played Q♦ covered with the King which I ruffed and west followed suit with the 8. Next I played a heart to the Ace and then my promoted 10♦ (by courtesy of East) and discarded a heart. West ruffed with the 4 and returnd a club and horror! East ruffed. Now I am down and could have made it with Plan A as East held ♠AQ3.

Also on refection, plan B doesn't give me much more than Plan A. Yes I can pick up Qx with west but the attendant risk of a ruff might override this advantage. I could imagine that East was Hideous Hog at the computer gloating to all the kibbers about his Grosvenor Coup.
May 2003: Mission accomplished
Oct 2006: Mission impossible
Soon: Mission illegal
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users