Ok so I took a punt on this hand. I haven't played with this partner much (actually this was only the 2nd time we've played togather so i didn't understand what was happening properly and I gambled).
We ended up in 6D making exactly (the only pair to do so). Can we actually bid this properly or is a gamble the only way to do it? Also is the gamble a reasonable bid given what information can be gathered from this?
I actually have 2 bidding 'methods' (and I'm using the word method very loosely here) for this hand as I played it differently from my Dad (we were both sat as South).
Mine: My partner opened 1C, I went 1D and he jumped to 3NT. I kinda sensed that he had a great hand here and decided to hazard 4S (I didn't like NT with a singleton club even though he had bid them). After that my partner bid 5D and I risked 6D which made exactly.
My Dad's method: His partner opened 2NT. My Dad bid 3H (transfer to spades) and when his P bid 3NT my Dad bid 4D. They ended up in 5NT + 1 (lucky to make + 1 I reckon).
My 6D making was a top but I was wondering whether this can be bid or whether it was a terrible bid that was lucky (it was definately lucky but was it worth the risk?)
We were both vulnerable and using match points for scoring.
Any advice/opinions welcomed.
Cheers
Rob

Help