BBO Discussion Forums: Will I ever learn? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will I ever learn?

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-July-10, 03:32

Playing in France for 2 weeks, if you ever did that you should know that the french play a system where 2♦ shows GF hand, and 2♣ shows an "almost GF hand"


I had had good success against this by the simple methond: When the opponent opens 2♣ and its likelly that he wants to play 4M, you bid 5m before and let him bid his suit at the 5 level if he wishes. (+550 and +100 were my results)

Next came this (all against different pairs)

♠J7653
♥83
♦K2
♣Q1083

Patton (IMPS + BAM), NS vul

(1♥)-pass-(pass)

I looked at the 2 ladies, considered my options for a bit, asked if the 2♣ opening was in the system, and it was!. I didn't wanna sell out with my conservative partner. With all those strong openings they sre don't have a strong hand!.

I must admit I looked on LHO's eyes and she totally deceived me.

I finally bid 1♠ and yes, the lady pulled a stop card from the bidding box, and I wanted to kill myself. But she didn't pull what I expected!

6♥!!


I wanted to hide underground lol, I'd like to see a picture of myself when this happened.

Did I learn the lesson?

nah, she just had

♠A
♥AKQJ10863
♦A1073
♣A

+50 wich was worth 10 imps instead of 6, good reopening!
0

#2 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-July-10, 04:46

This scheme, 2 ♣ strong, 2 ♦ GF is quite popular here too and at least you do not need to bid 1♦ ... 3 ♣ on some hands with 1273 and 1363.

And you need no fake reverse with 1336 hands and a prime 19 HCPs.

But nice story and great reopening. BTW I like the way madame made her bids. She obviously plays strong jumps....
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users