Feb 2, board 1... Check out play by Charlie Weed!!! Ok, this one is the real problem hand out of the group. Phil gets it right although I would have liked him to explain his line of play. (If the tiny Url webpage opens up, click the "proceed to this site" link.. .I have no idea why it is not going directly).
Phil discussion of needing specific club holding is right on the mark, when he said...
Quote
I think I can also survive with T82 / T83 on my left, since I can duck RHO's club, even if they try to unblock the QJx.
.
Watch how WEEDO handled this hand in real time, by clicking the link above. Note, if the Club 9 was covered, win the KING, and if the next hand unblocks, the correct play is low club and if an honor shows duck, if an honor doesn't show, win ACE and duck a club. Also note the need to cash the spade ACE before spade towards Queen, or if a spade is lead don't put the queen up on the first round (the position of the spade king was discussed a lot above). Just because you "have to assume" it is in the hand with short hearts, doesn't mean you can't control for stiff king.
Phil wins 10 imps for his club play. (at the other table, 3N went down, those not leading the club 9 get 0 imps, or lose 10 imps to phil).