6/7/8 baggers and throw in a void I raise the Question how to suceed
#1
Posted 2009-June-25, 16:02
so you are either 1/8/v/4 or 1/9/v/3 im not dreaming up hands,
So what are we opening if its 2cl-next person interferes with spades(2sp)(2d)
partner has a problem, if he passes your bid?or if pard bids 3d over 2sp, or x 2d--what is your rebid? is it a question of blasting-to add to your misery
same hand and opp does not bid pard will bid 2d (auto) and listen to what you have to say,or he bids 3 d- over opps 2 d again your bid,
This leading up to how to handle big big hands when you require specific information when some answers come in ill open up the subject more.
I expect there will be some derisory comments,but over the years,i have monitored lots of unwieldy hands and formulated a formula to cope with them,
and practice what i preach with a good success rate.if you have some of these type hands and you were to high to low--game only small slam -1 or missed a grand.put it to the test,when i expand the subject regards
#4
Posted 2009-June-25, 16:12
#5
Posted 2009-June-25, 16:49
I wouldn't worry about getting to 7 unless you have very specific agreements. In a pickup partnership, one option might be to open 1H, jump to 3D and then rebid 6H. Partner will at least know his ♦K is gold and raise if he has it.
#6
Posted 2009-June-25, 18:18
#7
Posted 2009-June-25, 18:24
#8
Posted 2009-June-25, 18:35
EDIT: I mentioned another (probably LOLable) way here
#9
Posted 2009-June-25, 19:03
I want to give
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean
for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind,
it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
George Carlin
#10
Posted 2009-June-25, 19:27
pirate22, on Jun 25 2009, 05:02 PM, said:
and practice what i preach with a good success rate.
That's OK, this is the forums. You only need to recommend a weird method, and claim never to have had a bad result with it. This is a good system, because it avoids those boring things like actual proofs, or actual winning of bridge tournaments!
#11
Posted 2009-June-25, 20:16
Anyhow, perhaps some pairs have methods to open 2♣, jump rebid 3♥ setting trump and then to ask for a ♣ control and then find that it is the K and then try 7♥. But they may still encounter preemption.
For me, I open 2♣ then blast to 6♥ if the opps interfere.
#12
Posted 2009-June-25, 20:24
gwnn, on Jun 25 2009, 08:03 PM, said:
I want to give
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean
for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind,
it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
- Neil Young.
#13
Posted 2009-July-03, 09:21
there are 4 ways to approach 1(blast away) 6 hts
2 (open 2cl and with a positive or 2d auto,how do you find out what pard has)
3 (open 4n/t asking to bid specific ace-then what )
4 open 2c! with "modified norman responses\",and it also applies if opener has a two suiter,or a single suiter or a 3 suiter
responses are An ace= 1 point--------An King =1/2 point but stepped,as follows
2d=0,2h=1k,2sp=1 ace,2n/t=1 ace&1k,3cl=2k,3d=3k,3h=2 points(either2A or 1A or 4 k's )if opener cannot work what 3 hts is, Then take up BINGO-do not try modified norman,with pick up games,success rate about 85% on the hand given 7 hts cold despite, sp interference,responses remain same ,my pard responded 3hts,
apply this formuale to future hands with your fav pard .regards
#14
Posted 2009-July-03, 09:57
neilkaz, on Jun 25 2009, 09:16 PM, said:
For me, I open 2♣ then blast to 6♥ if the opps interfere.
Yup, that's us. And after any interference we cannot set trump and demand outside description. Anyone have a way to do it after low-level interference and pass showing values, with double showing bust in partner's hand? Certainly if 2d or 2H comes back around to the big hand, a jump to the 3-level or a simple 3 of a minor can still activate. but how about if the interference is 2S and opener's suit is 3hearts, etc?
#15
Posted 2009-July-03, 10:44
pirate22, on Jul 3 2009, 03:21 PM, said:
responses are An ace= 1 point--------An King =1/2 point but stepped,as follows
2d=0,2h=1k,2sp=1 ace,2n/t=1 ace&1k,3cl=2k,3d=3k,3h=2 points(either2A or 1A or 4 k's )if opener cannot work what 3 hts is, Then take up BINGO-do not try modified norman,with pick up games,success rate about 85% on the hand given 7 hts cold despite, sp interference,responses remain same ,my pard responded 3hts,
apply this formuale to future hands with your fav pard .regards
Really not a fan of this, seems to waste an awful lot of space on the normal 2C hands, not to mention you seem to have ignored the biggest problem
#16
Posted 2009-July-03, 10:57
#17
Posted 2009-July-03, 11:40
#18
Posted 2009-July-03, 12:07
pirate22, on Jul 3 2009, 05:40 PM, said:
wait til later? LOL you do realise thats the worst of both worlds, right?. Let the opps exchange enough information and let them know enough to penalise you if its right.
#19
Posted 2009-July-03, 14:53
regards
#20
Posted 2009-July-03, 15:10
Is a week too long?
I'll sign the ***** Non-disclosure agreement if you need me to.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

Help
