Dealer North, nobody vulnerable.
82
KQ872
J1093
64
pass-(pass)-2♥-(pass)
pass-(double)-pass-(3♥)
pass-(3NT)-pass-pass
pass
You inquiry about the 3 heart bid, RHO telling that she expects a long running minor in need of a heart stopper. When you ask why wouldn't he bid 3m before she doesn't know.
What do you think 3♥ shows/asks?
Page 1 of 1
take a lead. intriguing cuebid
#2
Posted 2009-June-16, 00:42
With a running minor she could have bid a direct 3♥ or 3 of the minor, depending on the overall strength.
To me it is a transfer to spades without a stopper.
2 NT followed by 3 Heart had been 5 Spades with a stopper.
To me it is a transfer to spades without a stopper.
2 NT followed by 3 Heart had been 5 Spades with a stopper.
Kind Regards
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#3
Posted 2009-June-16, 05:26
I lead a top diamond.
- Andy -
We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
#4
Posted 2009-June-16, 06:08
JT9 is JT9.
BTW RHO is 2335 with 14 hcp.
BTW RHO is 2335 with 14 hcp.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
George Carlin
George Carlin
#6
Posted 2009-June-16, 07:24
Oh lol I think I meant to say "the guy who is to my right in the auction diagram"
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
George Carlin
George Carlin
#7
Posted 2009-June-18, 15:28
It doesn't look good. The doubler probably has the ♥Ace. I can't expect much from my partner. I may as well lead the ♥Queen with the vague hope that partner will be able to win a trick somewhere.
3♥ should mean pick a suit. Shape could be 3=4=3=3 (worst condition) or 3=2=4=4 (middle of the road) or even 4=1=4=4 or 4=0=(5-4) (not very likely). 3♣ or 3♦ would promise at least 4 cards in the minor and often deny 3♠. These bids all tend to show less than 8 HCP. With strength we must jump or bid 3NT with stopper(s). With 4 or more ♠s, I would always reply in ♠s.
With slam interest, I would also bid 3♥s and correct partners reply.
3♥ should mean pick a suit. Shape could be 3=4=3=3 (worst condition) or 3=2=4=4 (middle of the road) or even 4=1=4=4 or 4=0=(5-4) (not very likely). 3♣ or 3♦ would promise at least 4 cards in the minor and often deny 3♠. These bids all tend to show less than 8 HCP. With strength we must jump or bid 3NT with stopper(s). With 4 or more ♠s, I would always reply in ♠s.
With slam interest, I would also bid 3♥s and correct partners reply.
#8
Posted 2009-June-23, 11:55
what happened here?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
George Carlin
George Carlin
#9
Posted 2009-June-24, 05:34
partner held ♦AKQxx
dummy 4423 14 HCP with ♥Jxxx. Declarer ♥Axx.
so diamond 8 tricks, low heart 10, anything else 9.
dummy 4423 14 HCP with ♥Jxxx. Declarer ♥Axx.
so diamond 8 tricks, low heart 10, anything else 9.
Page 1 of 1

Help
