BBO Discussion Forums: take a lead. - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

take a lead. intriguing cuebid

Poll: your lead (18 member(s) have cast votes)

your lead

  1. 8 of spades (1 votes [5.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.56%

  2. heart Q (King would ask for unblock) (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. heart 7 (4 votes [22.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.22%

  4. dimond J (13 votes [72.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 72.22%

  5. club 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-June-15, 16:45

Dealer North, nobody vulnerable.

82
KQ872
J1093
64

pass-(pass)-2♥-(pass)
pass-(double)-pass-(3♥)
pass-(3NT)-pass-pass
pass


You inquiry about the 3 heart bid, RHO telling that she expects a long running minor in need of a heart stopper. When you ask why wouldn't he bid 3m before she doesn't know.


What do you think 3♥ shows/asks?
0

#2 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-June-16, 00:42

With a running minor she could have bid a direct 3♥ or 3 of the minor, depending on the overall strength.

To me it is a transfer to spades without a stopper.
2 NT followed by 3 Heart had been 5 Spades with a stopper.
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

#3 User is offline   andy_h 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,962
  • Joined: 2007-September-14
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:The Universe, Traveling, Squash, and Scandinavia.

Posted 2009-June-16, 05:26

I lead a top diamond.
- Andy -

We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
0

#4 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-June-16, 06:08

JT9 is JT9.

BTW RHO is 2335 with 14 hcp.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

#5 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-June-16, 07:19

RHO passed in second possition.
0

#6 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-June-16, 07:24

Oh lol I think I meant to say "the guy who is to my right in the auction diagram"
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

#7 User is offline   Tcyk 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 112
  • Joined: 2003-May-06

Posted 2009-June-18, 15:28

It doesn't look good. The doubler probably has the ♥Ace. I can't expect much from my partner. I may as well lead the ♥Queen with the vague hope that partner will be able to win a trick somewhere.

3♥ should mean pick a suit. Shape could be 3=4=3=3 (worst condition) or 3=2=4=4 (middle of the road) or even 4=1=4=4 or 4=0=(5-4) (not very likely). 3♣ or 3♦ would promise at least 4 cards in the minor and often deny 3♠. These bids all tend to show less than 8 HCP. With strength we must jump or bid 3NT with stopper(s). With 4 or more ♠s, I would always reply in ♠s.

With slam interest, I would also bid 3♥s and correct partners reply.
0

#8 User is offline   gwnn 

  • Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,027
  • Joined: 2006-June-16
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2009-June-23, 11:55

what happened here?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin
0

#9 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-June-24, 05:34

partner held ♦AKQxx

dummy 4423 14 HCP with ♥Jxxx. Declarer ♥Axx.

so diamond 8 tricks, low heart 10, anything else 9.
0

#10 User is offline   ochinko 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 647
  • Joined: 2004-May-27
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Cooking

Posted 2009-June-24, 05:52

I lead ♥7. :lol:

What can I say, I'm natural.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users