Posted 2009-June-22, 16:04
this may end up terribly wrong after the obvious 2♣ call, but I can never defend 1♥ doubled anyway... if partner has a hand on which we can beat 1♥, be probably can't reopen with a double anyway...his hearts are too long.
So my choices really appear to be: pass and see what happens... knowing that I cannot sit for a double and that I cannot catch up if he makes some other call... or 2♣ and hope to have an easy rebid, while expecting to have a horrific choice.... let's see a poll for what to do after a 2♦ bid by partner! Now that would be an interesting poll (I suspect that most experts would fudge via 2♥... which would invite yet another poll on the next round).
It would not surprise me to learn that the best practical result would be 1♥ undoubled, to which I would lead the club A
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari
1♦-(1♥)-?