More Pre-Empts UGH...
#1
Posted 2009-May-29, 15:54
AKx
xx
KQ9x
AK9x
1♦* - (3♥) - ?
*11-12 if Balanced or 10-15 Unbalanced (1NT would be 13-15 by partner here)
#2
Posted 2009-May-29, 16:46
-P.J. Painter.
#4
Posted 2009-May-29, 17:00
mtvesuvius, on May 29 2009, 05:47 PM, said:
4♣
-P.J. Painter.
#5
Posted 2009-May-29, 17:02
#6
Posted 2009-May-29, 17:09
Sure, I don't have a way to bid clubs now, but I can live with that.
But, I guess I should have specified what 4♣ meant. LOL
-P.J. Painter.
#7
Posted 2009-May-29, 17:32
#8
Posted 2009-May-29, 18:55
JLOL, on May 29 2009, 06:32 PM, said:
Oh yeah. Damned nebulous diamond. That really spices things up here.
I suppose now we have a serious problem.
I confess a lack of knowledge here, but it seems to me that after 3♥, maybe a direct 4♥ should be a slammish choice of games whereas a double, followed by some sort of scrambling, might be less interesting. Double, followed by 4♥, intuitively sounds like slammish and partner's call just made me excited. That's what I would expect playing an unbalanced 1♦ opening if partner instead opened a nebulous 1♣ and 3♥ was the overcall.
-P.J. Painter.
#9
Posted 2009-May-29, 19:55
#10
Posted 2009-May-29, 21:57
#11
Posted 2009-May-30, 02:20
I only see 2 bids: 3NT or 4♠. Since Pard could have bid 3NT himself with a good 1-2 stopper(s), I'll try 4♠.
Sure, pard may have an unbalanced good min, but I can't find out.
#12
Posted 2009-May-30, 03:18
#13
Posted 2009-May-30, 13:09
#14
Posted 2009-May-30, 13:48
jdonn, on May 30 2009, 08:09 PM, said:
That never occured to me.
Sounds like a good idea.
Harald
#15
Posted 2009-May-30, 14:04
jdonn, on May 30 2009, 02:09 PM, said:
Way too optimistic imo.
#16
Posted 2009-May-30, 14:07
jdonn, on May 30 2009, 12:02 AM, said:
Disagree. I think dbl is an honest bid, it doesn´t show spades.

Help
