BBO Discussion Forums: More ATB - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More ATB Hands from the USBF Junior Trials

#1 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-May-17, 20:00

Scoring: MP

Playing Precision, South Deals:

2♥ - (3♦) - 3♠ - (Pass)
4♣ - (Pass) - 4♠ - (X)
Pass - (Pass) - 5♣ - (X) - All Pass

Once again I got to declare this wonder... I guess down 2 is not good bridge.

Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#2 User is offline   JLOL 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,033
  • Joined: 2008-December-05

Posted 2009-May-17, 20:10

South should bid 3N after 3S.

North should bid 4H after 4C.

North should not bid over 4S X.

North's bidding was awful, I'd say 85 %.
0

#3 User is online   P_Marlowe 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,143
  • Joined: 2005-March-18
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-May-18, 00:58

Hi,

#1 I think I like the suggested 3NT instead of 4C.
#2 I am pretty sure, that I dont like 4C, for me this
would implicitly agree spades, being a cue.
#3 I dont understand 5C, a typical panic bid, partner
passed 4Sx, why dont I?

I guess 5C is a lot worse than 4C, so most blame goes
to North, but usually the guy who causes the mess, is the
one, who started it, which was South with the 4C bid.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
0

#4 User is offline   jdonn 

  • - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,085
  • Joined: 2005-June-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV

Posted 2009-May-18, 01:00

I think north should crack 3♦. I thought that before seeing south's hand with it's singleton spade and Kx of diamonds, and admit it could work out badly but I think it's odds on. It's not like he would be giving up a sure game anyway, it could easily be the case that bidding gets his side too high.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
0

#5 User is offline   JLOL 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,033
  • Joined: 2008-December-05

Posted 2009-May-18, 01:14

jdonn, on May 18 2009, 02:00 AM, said:

I think north should crack 3♦.

True, didnt even notice that.
0

#6 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2009-May-18, 03:19

mtvesuvius, on May 18 2009, 02:00 AM, said:

I guess down 2 is not good bridge.

You're right. It's better bridge :)
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users