BBO Discussion Forums: Sacrificial - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sacrificial

#1 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-May-14, 19:01

All Vulnerable, you hold:

AKxx
x
xx
AKTxxx

(1♦) - Pass - (1♥) - 2♣
(Dbl*) - Pass - (4♥) - ?

*Support (3♥)

What do you do at:

1. IMPs
2. MPs
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#2 User is offline   Echognome 

  • Deipnosophist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,386
  • Joined: 2005-March-22

Posted 2009-May-14, 19:08

Were you playing snapdragon redoubles? If so, then I think I'll let this one go. If not, it's tougher.
"Half the people you know are below average." - Steven Wright
0

#3 User is offline   655321 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,502
  • Joined: 2007-December-22

Posted 2009-May-14, 19:10

I would double at IMPs or MP.
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.
0

#4 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2009-May-14, 19:12

655321, on May 15 2009, 08:10 AM, said:

I would double at IMPs or MP.

If you like giving up 790 the double is ok. Pass!
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

#5 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-May-14, 19:17

Echognome, on May 14 2009, 08:08 PM, said:

Were you playing snapdragon redoubles? If so, then I think I'll let this one go. If not, it's tougher.

No, we are not...
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#6 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-May-15, 00:40

I would bid 4 Spade at mps. Even -1400 is just a zero. ... And I have a feeling that we have a fit.

At imps the risk for any bid is too high. I would pass and hope to cash four tricks. But I would doubt that I can.
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

#7 User is offline   Hanoi5 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,083
  • Joined: 2006-August-31
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santiago, Chile
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2009-May-15, 02:45

I pass. The more in time, the better.

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the ♥3.


View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win


My YouTube Channel
0

#8 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2009-May-15, 02:52

It's a bit of a guess... it looks like a double fit deal.

4♠ if I need a swing, else pass. All scorings.
0

#9 User is offline   wclass___ 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 431
  • Joined: 2008-November-02

Posted 2009-May-15, 03:22

Clear double for me. All scorings.
Double is the only bid that involves partner in judgement.

4♠, Pass ....doun't make judgements that are not yours to make. Trust partner.
Seeking input from anyone who doesn't frequently "wtp", "Lol" or post to merely "Agree with ..." --sathyab
0

#10 User is offline   helene_t 

  • The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,401
  • Joined: 2004-April-22
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Odense, Denmark
  • Interests:History, languages

Posted 2009-May-15, 05:10

I wouldn't play snapdragon redoubles here. 2♠ would show the same by a hand that could find a bid on first round.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket
0

#11 User is offline   gnasher 

  • Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,993
  • Joined: 2007-May-03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 2009-May-15, 05:27

Double looks clear at any form of scoring.

You should be more inclined to act at IMPs than at matchpoints. At IMPs, -790 or -800 against game is only a small loss, but +100 instead of +620, or -620 instead of -200, is a big swing, and -620 instead of +620 is even worse. At matchpoints, they're all just near-zeroes.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
0

#12 User is offline   andy_h 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,962
  • Joined: 2007-September-14
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:The Universe, Traveling, Squash, and Scandinavia.

Posted 2009-May-15, 05:38

Agree with 655321
- Andy -

We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
0

#13 User is offline   hanp 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,987
  • Joined: 2009-February-15

Posted 2009-May-15, 09:16

I would also double.
and the result can be plotted on a graph.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users