BBO Discussion Forums: Etherpad - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Etherpad Partnership Notes in the 21st Century?

#21 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2011-April-24, 11:19

View Posty66, on 2011-April-24, 08:43, said:

I see that Google discontinued development of Wave (son-of-EtherPad) for standalone use some time ago due to low user adoption.

I just started using Google Cloud Connect. It solves the multiple version problem for me in a way that seems reasonably secure for work stuff and it lets me use Word.

I liked google documents, I really like cloud connect. But to be honest, I am not sure two parnters working on their bidding system need the ability to both edit their system notebook at the same time. But what the hell, cloud connect is great for collaborative working on grant documents with an impending deadline, it must be good for last minute changes to system notes.
--Ben--

#22 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-April-24, 12:24

View Posty66, on 2011-April-24, 08:43, said:

I see that Google discontinued development of Wave (son-of-EtherPad) for standalone use some time ago due to low user adoption.

I just started using Google Cloud Connect. It solves the multiple version problem for me in a way that seems reasonably secure for work stuff and it lets me use Word.

I tried using wave for some collaborative work-related stuff. I found it abysmally slow and thus useless. Perhaps this new thing will be better? we'll see.

#23 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2011-April-28, 05:44

EtherPad was open source before it was swallowed by Google, so you can still use it, e.g. http://titanpad.com/
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users